Decapitated Necron Lord **WIP** - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Decapitated Necron Lord **WIP**

I'm still working on this one. But here he is. His head acts as his res orb, and if you're wondering what I used for the crown it's a flayer tip from a warriors gun. He's only primed so far, but once I finish him, I'm hoping he'll look decent (yes this is the old lord model, however I used a warrior's head).

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

If you can add wires or something to the neck it may turn out a little better. Cool idea though, keep up the pics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

The stub of the neck is def. the weak spot, wires, as mentioned, or a plug-in/jack would make it look better,

interesting idea though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

spinal joints would be the coolest feature i think.
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it would suck hard but you could always by the vampire with the bat wing from WHFB vampire counts.. He comes with a pretty kewl spinal cord that you could lop off. lol a little extreme for just one lord but if you're looking

Cheers!
    "Only by greeting death can one truly accept the responsibilities of being a warrior" Unknown

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Is it too late to do some chopping? I like the crown idea, but right now it doesn't look right. kind of like a teletubby head antenna. If you do decide to make it more crown like, cut it off, then use a dremel with the cone looking grinder. Just start at the center and push and spin it around until it fits the necron head snugly.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

A convincing piece of spine can be got by pinching off part of a skeletal horse's tail.
    Montyhaul's Models[/size][/indent]
    Warhammer minis for sale[/size][/indent]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Idea. I have to agree the spine needs something and the crown I thought was an Eldar bits glued on.
    Paul

about 7500 pts of Dark Angels, probably a sub chapter with the way I have them painted up with copper edging and all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Thanks for the tips. I agree after I shot the photo, I was thinking "dang need to do something to show where the head was." I'll just cut a depression and add some of those front neck hydraulics like most necrons have.

We'll see how easily the crown can be removed, if so I'll try hollowing it out. I had hollowed it a little as it already has a depression for the gauss rod, but I can agree more depth on his brow would be nice!

As to the spine, that's new! I'm not sure what I have, maybe a destroyer one too...but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the idea!
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; July 28th, 2008 at 19:09.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Hmm... I like the idea, but I don't quite understand just from looking at it.
    Firstly- the head: has it been removed by force, or does he pull it off to use as a res orb? It'd look cool if it had been blasted off or something, with some battledamage around the neck and shoulders. You do need exposed wires though, and an extension of the spine in either case

Secondly- the crown: you need to get that crown to fit much lower on the head. Right now, it looks like a bit that you just glued on top. If you could get it to sit flush with the skull it'd be easy. I can also imagine a Necron Lord having his crown as a full extension of his head. I don't think that Necrons really "progress through the ranks", so once a Lord is Lord, he never loses that position and nobody else gains it. If he doesn't have to pass on his crown, why would he have to be able to remove his symbol of power? It would be a liability, and likely hardmounted to his skull.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)