Tips on Painting O&G Warmachines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1211 (x8)

Tips on Painting O&G Warmachines

Hello to all who read,

I have a rock lobber and a doom diver, both fantasy warmachines in Orc&Goblin armíes, but you probably knew that already...

My question is, how can I paint a nice wood colour on it?
    Which colour is the best, do I highlite, drybrush or use ink on them?
    Can any of you paint-guru's advice me a little, or at least point me in the general direction.
    I have already primed them.

I have seen some examples, pictures left and right, but as they will be my center piece so to say.... I would like them to be nice.
    Therefore I don't expect them to be painted tomorrow either.

Please let me know,
    Greetings, Zoinkboy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Which colour is the best,
    Any Brown could do fine; even Kommando Khaki (if it shall look like birch) or Scab Red (I use it for the occasional wooden thingie in my chaos army)

do I highlite, drybrush or use ink on them?
    If you wanna go all-out, you can use all

Although basically it would be enough for one base color and eiter drybrush or inking/washing.

If you have it primed black, you could even just drybrush it with Scorched Brown (it would be a very dark kind of wood in that caste)
    Basically (for the budget version) it would depend on what colors you have available (and if you are more adept at either drybrushing or handling inks). Just make a basecoat and if you have a lighter brown some drybrushing over it. Should you have an ink/wash, let it seep into the crevices (suitable colour requisited, blue ink might make it look interesting 0) )
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

+ Reply to Thread