Nurgle titan (picture heavy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Nurgle titan (picture heavy)

I started building my scratch build nurgle titan

It has an inner core made of polystyrene foam, covered with Epoxy resin. Heres a scaling shot, Done before any armour or details (barring the skull face) was added:

And heres some of the back armour done. I may leave it like this, or add extra rivets. It needs weathering, but otherwise the back armour will probably stay like this:

The main side armour and front armour isnt completed yet, but here is the front. This is the angle that the body will be mounted on to the legs. The skull isnt fixed on yet, it is simply blu-tacked on:

I have reached a crossroads however. To keep it similar to a normal warhound, i would have to have a 3 sectioned leg, plus a foot. This takes it to approximately 13" tall, about 2.5" taller than a normal warhound.

I could do a 2 sectioned or 3 sectioned version, but i wanna know what other people think. Also, what type of foot I should use? Hooves, human toes, warhound type feet, bladed feet.. what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

As it is nurgle, I think a raging torrent of pestilent sludge. Like a hydro-man, sandman cross with oozing sluge, pestilence and corpses.

Not to mention it would be easy to sculpt the initial shape and add details as you go. Good work so far, what did you make the torso from?
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I decided that since this has had more work done on it, and I already had a thread going, it should give it a bit of necro:

First things first.. some fluff!

Ralion raged as he stepped over the hill. He was sure he had seen them, servants of the plaguelord, dressed in strange armour and holding peculiar looking weapons.
    They had dragged at least 6 of his clansmen with them, weapons not even getting through the thick armour of the warriors.
    He spotted a trail of thick, green slime and immediately set about following it. He only had his axes, but thats all he needed. His Axes and his new armour gifted from the god khorne.
    He chopped through a thicket of bushes, and stepped through a small set of tree's into a clearing.
    He could see the touch of the gods here, as well as evidence of the old lords of the sky, a double headed eagle. A huge temple or fortress, its doors open slightly, loomed above him. There, at the foot of the huge double doors, he could see them. The already rotting bodies of his old family and friends, and the reason for his journey.
    Surrounding them was a huge cloud of flies and the nurgle warriors he sought.

Stepping from the bushes, he roared a loud battlecry and charged the group.
    His roar was suddenly lost in a huge, loud creaking noise. Then the two double doors of the temple exploded open, a huge, 3 toed foot smashing through it. A grinning skull on the top of a giant made of flesh and metal.

Ralion screamed as the giant turned one of its arms towards him, and a huge cloud of tiny, sharp stinging needles shot out.
    His armour held most of it off, but there were so many, some found their way into his armour.

He could feel each cut bleeding furiously, swelling and infecting as each formed. His strength left him, and he collapsed, face first, into the dust.

And the rules from ages ago as well.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...gue-titan.html (Apocalypse: plague titan)

Now... pictures!

First of all... a scaling shot.

This is my khorne champion. He's about 5mm taller than your average Space marine.

Some more detail shot with a touch more dramatic angle

The torso detailing. Most of my rivets are missing, and the arm area's are unattached. Its got a ways to go yet.

and the side and some of the leg armour and detail. Not alot there TBH.

I'll be posting some of the concept work i did with it a while back when i can find it.

EDIT: For some reason my photobucket has decided to be particularly awkward with me. Cant get the thumbnails to go to fullsize when you click them.
    Last edited by mellr0; August 27th, 2009 at 18:36.
    If anyone believes on telekinesis, raise my hand!!

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Just post the regular image, LO will resize and thumbnail it for you.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

+ Reply to Thread