Golden Demon Necrons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golden Demon Necrons?

Im going to enter an entry in the golden demon AUS this year I only have I think about 5 more months, I could get one done Im only 11 and have about 1-2 hours of spare time that I could use for painting.

The point is all my Necron are plain silver with red shoulders, shins and lower elbow joints, so how could I try to paint up a golden demon Necron keeping within that colour scheme, and futher-more which model should I take I've already ruled out the monolith, deceiver and nightbringer since Im not going to use them for ages so which Necron model should I use out of these?

Wraith, [the one with the chords as a tail and I could hopefully do them yellow, green and red or something like that.

Destroyer, [just do a great job then I could base him and take my friends imperial guardsmen and have the destroyer on a slant like he's chasing after him]

Flayed Ones, [maybe for the liquidy stuff over them I could do it a bone/redishy hase and put blood on his claws, maybe have an Imperial Guardsmen's chest on the ground with holes in him of which I'de use the drill and scratch marks from a knife.

So what do you think I really really really need some help with this cause painting is the only thing Im half decent at, so I need to know your opionons.

PS. The reason Imperial Guardsmen that are being killed are my ideas are casue I HATE IMPERIAL GUARD!!!!!!!

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x4)

OOoh, necrons would be hard....
    I'd say to run with the Wraith...of all the necron models, which I mostly detest, I actually like that one. And you can do some awesome modification to it to make it look that much cooler.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

It may sound dull on paper, but go with just Necron warriors.
    They are really nice models to start with and G.D is a painting comp anyway
    so the judges will be looking at the standard of painting not what is the best model
    of the Necron range. Plus warriors come in boxes of 16(?) so you will have plenty
    of them to get the look you want.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Wraith and Destroyer sound good. I doubt you could make a Flayed One impressive enough to stand out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

How are you at conversions? Golden deamon is not just about a nice paint job, the winners have oftn converted the miniature or given it something to make it stand out from the hundreds of other entries.

Id say go with the destroyer. It gives you a large model to really show off the paint. Id try and do something fun with the skimmer body, painting glowing runes onto it or something like that. If your good with conversions, make it a skimmer lord with a nice staff and orb or something like that.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    How are you at conversions? Golden deamon is not just about a nice paint job, the winners have oftn converted the miniature or given it something to make it stand out from the hundreds of other entries.
    I don’t disagree with you on this, but how far can a Necron be converted??

To the O.P, could you post a picture of a few of your Necron’s you have already painted?
    It would make it easier for us to see how you paint rather than having to guess which one we think is best.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of the Warrior boomer, I have 2 really good ones out of my collection, They both have ALL the black into the cracks also I have red gore shoulder pads, red gore lower elbow joints and red gore shins. The guns good too, but maybe I could do a blood red drybrushing on the bottom sword bit of his gun.

As for the Destroyer it would look good but apart from red shoulderpads, body, some arm pieces and possibly a red gun, and for his head he has that aimer thingy over half of his head and do one dot green, one red and one silver, but thats really as-far as I could get, and sorry Mace-wind im not very good at converting and I dont like converting either cause to me necrons are all meant to be the same like they're robots in the factory all made the same not different.

I wish I could post pics of my models, but we dont have a digital camera and my dad's phone's pics dont have enough quality, I could send you pics by mail if you like.
    Last edited by Dark Sun; August 1st, 2008 at 23:36.

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    How are you at conversions? Golden deamon is not just about a nice paint job, the winners have oftn converted the miniature or given it something to make it stand out from the hundreds of other entries..
    Actually you're almost completely wrong here. During 40k Radio's coverage of Gamesday Baltimore they interviewed one of the Golden Daemon judges and she explicitly stated that conversions play almost no part in judging, and can actually take away from your points if they feel your conversion is out of character. She said that Golden Daemon is a painting competition first and foremost and if you want to win you need to focus on the paint job on your model and not worry so much about converting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x1)

There is only 2 months untill Demon. But good luck with it, last year 40K YB had the most entries and I reckon it will this year aswell it's very popular for some reason. I also reckon a simple necron warrior is best or maybe a flayed one just make sure you don't try to much, and remember if you are using a metal mini to sand it after you get rid of mould lines cause it really shows afterwords. I know that one of the head judges (Lozz) hates drybrushing so maybe avoid it if possible.

Oh yeah if possible keep things smooooth and bright and push the highlights to the max (still make it realistic though) so it will really pop.

Again good luck!

-Dwayne
    CHK CHK BOOM!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

i THINK A COOL lord coming out of the ground or summoning warriors somehow would look awesome, get your parents to rig up a LED in the base to the ressurection orb... awesome!

Either that or a wraith/destroyer, regular warriors I think are just simply too plain to go anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast