Librarium Online Forums banner

Scabeiathrax the bloatded one.

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  xXClaret-PaulXx 
#1 · (Edited)
Scabeiathrax the bloated one: update 10-08-2008

Picked up this bad boy at the german GD this year.
The detail on the model is stunning a shame that FW's sloppy paintjob doesn't do it justice.
Well here are some PiP shots of him, I still have a lot to do and then there's all the inks and washes that will go on it.

C&C wellcome.

See less See more
#4 ·
i completely agree with you, FW paints things rather blandly in my opinion. i mainly play tyranids and have a couple of their models and though i'm not so good at painting, the variation of color makes mine look so much better. i really like what you've done so far, i noticed you have some paint from the tongue on the blade... made me think maybe you oughta paint that part of the blade to appear wet with saliva. looks great!

#10 ·
That looks good, very Nurgely. I do think the FW paint job doesn't take full advantage of the details this model has. I think this way of painting him makes him look more dead and decayed. I can see you haven't finished him yet and he still needs some more colour. You could work on doing up all those spots on his hack to look pus-filled and ready to pop, that would help add some more colour to him. You could also try to add some definition between his skin and the exposed organs and rotten flab. I think it is good how you have done him, I want one now. Are you going to give him a base? A model like that could be really cool with a base covered in bodies, Nurgling etc.

#19 ·
I think it is better looking now. The washes have added a great deal to it. You could try some highlighting around the edges of the holes in his flab. A small amount of highlighting there would help to make him look better and less drybrushed also it would make the model look more deep. I have often found that a little highlighting after drybrushing can add lots to a model.

#20 ·
I think you need to add a bit of exudate/purulance/goo/PUS! The boils and abcesses that are draining or about to pop need some yellowish hue surrounded by reddened, swollen tissue. Its Nurgle!!! not a lumpy toad. next time you get a champion zit, let it fester a day or so. Taking carefull notes as to how the bula/boil swells/gets red/forms a purulant mass then either pops or yellows... yah, gross, but then again its flippin Nurgle!

ack, gross, so nasty you can almost smell the sulfer compounds... go nurgle

I think that they were modelling the demon after something like this, gotta say they did a good job of it.

#23 ·
Well this is truly icky but none the less I think correct considering the subject matter. I would say that the lower image is the best as it shows the grossness of infection and ill health. However the upper image is too pink and nice for Nurgle, in effect the grossness in the pink image is the deformed shape of the flesh not the colour and the Daemon is already deformed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.