WIP Plaguemarines Input Wanted - (10 Pic) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIP Plaguemarines Input Wanted - (10 Pic)

Heyhey guys n gals got a penchant for the plague and have decided ot make a small 1k nurgle force out of a heap of old n tatty bezerkers i had lying around plus a few others bits n pieces, as a work in progress im out for any crazy ideas for input and abit of modelling challenge.
    As an added touch all my champions have scythes, for harvesting their crop of filth and every marine has their own plague sword/spear
    All the helmets will eventually be GSed like the kind of faceplate visors the greyknights have, seemed kinda oldschool marine to me and abit of a throwback to the deathguard preheressy days.

Cheers,
    Kaannn

For anyone looking to make their old CSMs into some plague boys i have to acknowledge Shonuff and his amazing guide that sparked my conversion spree
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...pic-heavy.html

Last edited by kaannn; August 17th, 2008 at 13:10.
    Mmmm... Biomatter... OMNOMNOMNOM

The Great Devourer, Intergalactic Munchies coming to a planet near you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumpity bump bump. No suggestions from anyone? Im aware some of the conversions may be rather lame but some ideas on how to spice them up a lil wouldnt go astray.

Thanx,
    Kaannn.
    Mmmm... Biomatter... OMNOMNOMNOM

The Great Devourer, Intergalactic Munchies coming to a planet near you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

I've built a rather large DG army and all are converted.

There are different styles and people like different things.

I think you're on the right track here but you maight want to tone it down a bit... Less is more...

I think the main mistake that people do when using GS is that they use to large blobs... I also think that the tutorial you refer to may have misled you a bit with the amount of GS to use. Look around for better inspirational examples or nurgle conversions. There are a lot of them out there.
    All the things you've done would have looked better if you'd used less GS. Now it looks a little "messy" and blunt.

Don't get me wrong, they look gross (in a good way) but for the next ones look at some of Andusciassus work for instance. He's the master of nurglish nastieness. link

Get back to me if you want more tips! And keep converting. You're doing great.
    Ikterus

+ Reply to Thread