Librarium Online Forums banner

Fall Color Mixture

319 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Backdraft005 
#1 ·
I am about to do some vines and leaves on a model that is gonna be a treeman. I want the color to be Fall-like. What I want is to know if these four colors in sequence dark flesh, vermin brown, bubonic brown, and blazing orange would fit. There would be mixtures between them obvious to blend them.

Does that sound right? Or have would any of you suggest something different? I am doing a mixture strip of the colors tomorrow so I hope someone replies.

#2 ·
I can't think what the middle 2 colours look like, off the top of my head, but they seem like they will be good for foliage/leaves etc.

If you're thinking of using them on the actual 'bark' of the treeman, I'd suggest sticking way clear of them tbh...
Trees are normally a lot less brown than you tend to think. Greys are generally predominant, so maybe mute everything down somewhat?

Post up pics of the test strip, that way people will have a better idea of the exact colours you're thinking of...

-t.

#4 ·
Success!

The three colors work quite well! I also threw in some golden yellow at the end, mixing it in with the leftover scab red25%/blazing orange75%, paint the color side by side upon the leaves. Came out very well and has a very "Fall-ish" feel to it.

All I need to do now is paint the birch bark... that won't be an easy task, I can tell you what. Ill be sure to show it, i'll borrow a cam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.