Fall Color Mixture - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Fall Color Mixture

I am about to do some vines and leaves on a model that is gonna be a treeman. I want the color to be Fall-like. What I want is to know if these four colors in sequence dark flesh, vermin brown, bubonic brown, and blazing orange would fit. There would be mixtures between them obvious to blend them.

Does that sound right? Or have would any of you suggest something different? I am doing a mixture strip of the colors tomorrow so I hope someone replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I can't think what the middle 2 colours look like, off the top of my head, but they seem like they will be good for foliage/leaves etc.

If you're thinking of using them on the actual 'bark' of the treeman, I'd suggest sticking way clear of them tbh...
    Trees are normally a lot less brown than you tend to think. Greys are generally predominant, so maybe mute everything down somewhat?

Post up pics of the test strip, that way people will have a better idea of the exact colours you're thinking of...

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x3)

I have no way of showing the strip but i know at the moment that i dont want vermin or bubonic. i am ditching those and using scab red for a middle color. gonna try another test strip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x3)

Success!

The three colors work quite well! I also threw in some golden yellow at the end, mixing it in with the leftover scab red25%/blazing orange75%, paint the color side by side upon the leaves. Came out very well and has a very "Fall-ish" feel to it.

All I need to do now is paint the birch bark... that won't be an easy task, I can tell you what. Ill be sure to show it, i'll borrow a cam.

+ Reply to Thread