Emperors Fists Chapter (idea) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Emperors Fists Chapter (idea)

Greetings everyone, im putting together a chapter called the Emperors Fist which is a second found chapter of the imperial fists, here i have a bit of fluff and an example of the paint scheme that im thinking of using, any comments, advice, tips ect. will be warmly and greatfully welcome.

The Fluff!

"When Rogal Dorn finished his crusade and adhered to the Codex put forward by Roboute Guilliman the Imperial Fist Legion was split down into its second founding’s. The younger and more flexible members were formed into the Crimson Fist Chapter, the most Zealous brothers where formed into the Black Templar’s Chapter and finally the most die hard and loyal members remained with Dorn as the Imperial Fists. However there is another Chapter of the second founding that gained a reputation for itself and here you shall read about its birth.

Dorn had quite a task to under take when he was splitting his legion down into the thousand man chapters of the Codex Astartes, many of his brothers did not wish to leave the Imperial Fists. It is written that Dorn was approached by Chaplin Keleos who offered to be placed into one of the second founding’s to continue to spread the word and the teachings of the emperor. Keleos also swore to Dorn that he would make sure the chapter maintained the purity of their father and that of their gene seed. The Emperors Fist Chapter was born that day.

When Keleos announced his leave to the Emperors Fist many brothers came with him, many veterans of note moved along with Keleos as his words moved them with faith that whatever chapter they were moved to, what ever colours their armour beared they were always fighting for the same cause and would always remember the immortal emperor and love for there founding father Rogal Dorn, who the Emperors Fist regard as there founder.

The Emperors Fist Chapter maintain the purity of there father to such a extent that they have slightly diverged from the Codex, fielding many apothecaries within their ranks in order to maintain the survival of the chapter and to battle against mutation, however this is a divergence that the inquisitors seem keen to let the Fists maintain and the purity and ferocity of this chapter has duely been noted as they maintain the same faith as the legion before which sometimes leers them into the same trap of defeat not being possible."

Pious – Purity above all
    Drawback – Death before dishonour

Battle Cry “For the Glory of Dorn and the Immortal Emperor!”

Please click on the image for a bigger picture, comments tips ect on the painting would be appriciated, il try post a better pic when the lightings a bit better.

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like it, i like it a lot
    Just started Warhammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Not to be a fluff monkey or anything, but the Soul Drinkers, Black Templars and Crimson Fists are the only second founding chapters formed from the Imperial Fists...of course I'm sure there were plenty founded later on...

Personally I don't care - sounds like a great idea to develop - just thought I'd mention the official GW fluff...if you want to tie in with it that is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

i wasnt to sure on that, i did read up and it only said this (as far as i could find anyway, i could be wrong)

"After the Heresy, the Imperial Fists were broken up, as were the other chapters, and their more notable successor chapters include the Crimson Fists, the Soul Drinkers and the Black Templars. The Imperial Fists, however, were among the slowest of the Chapters to co-operate with the tenets of the Codex Astartes."

-http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Fists

and im sure ive read somewhere that these 3 are the only known successor chapters not they are the only ones. But thats just my interpretation. I am try to keep the fluff within that of gamesworkshops and if you can provide any more places where i can read up about the imperial fists it would welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Potential spoilers throughout!!!!

Oooh i'm no fluff expert...

If you get the chance to read Soul Drinkers Omnibus have a look at the first few pages it explains a little with regard to the Imperial Fists and who came from where...

I take your point though, as I cannot say with concrete evidence that there are only 3 known or definitely only 3...

I think that you should go for it - or maybe make them a 3rd founding chapter...the Soul Drinkers turned renegade, so maybe your Emperor's Fists could represent the next generation, proving the purity of Rogal Dorn's gene seed beyond doubt...just an idea...

**POTENTIAL SPOILER**

Chaplain's were a new thing just before the heresy, and given the dubiousness of what some chaplains did (e.g. Erebus of the Word Bearers basically kicked off the heresy by 'convincing' Horus to turn, and the Emperor's Children's chaplain was up to no good before Lucius offed him) I think potentially Dorn would have been very very very weary about letting a large number of his veterans run off with a chaplain...

All this can be found in the heresy series books, the first three of which are a very good read indeed...

At the end of the day though it's really up to you :-)
    Last edited by GLD1; August 19th, 2008 at 14:50. Reason: Add spoiler alert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

ah i see very much your point, and will read in to more about it, i never thought about the chaplins and thats another good point you've brought up so maybe i should look into it as one of his Commanders/Generals prehaps. I like the idea about the soul drinkers and proving the purity/loyalty of the new founding and have no issue with making them a 3rd founding instead (prehaps form a still loyal part of the soul drinkers geneseed, like the Death gaurd becoming the grey knights)

Another pentional idea i had was to take the scions of mars and have them lead by a techmarine but i already have plans to convert a Commander (name Durinheart funnily enough lol) and im currently working on a veteran squad that has members wearing a mix of Mk2 Crusade armour, Mk4 Maximus armour and Mk 5 Heresy armour and maybe some corvus armour in for good measure. Basicly showing some old old veterans there. Il post up the models when im done tho it may take some time as i got alot of converting to do.

Thanks for the reply, and any more info or tips ect you have will be appriciated il work on editing the fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

I'd say have a read of Soul Drinkers or at least glean the necessary before deciding, especially with regards to your geneseed idea...you'll see why :-p

There's also a bit out there about the mechanicum, and having their own army - i think the next book in the HH series is called mechanicum and centres around Mars at the time of the heresy...

Am looking forward to seeing some conversions...love conversions hehehehehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

After much thought and some more research i found that second founding would still be possible. Its still only mentions here or there that soul drinkers are part of the imperial fist legion so i thought hey why not so heres the update on the fluff, im hoping to have some more models to show in the next few days (thought not many) let me no what you think of the re-write and any more information or thoughts you may have

Emperors Fists Chapter
    When Rogal Dorn finished his crusade and adhered to the Codex put forward by Roboute Guilliman the Imperial Fist Legion was split down into its second founding’s. The younger and more flexible members were formed into the Crimson Fist Chapter, the most Zealous brothers where formed into the Black Templar’s Chapter and finally the most die hard and loyal members remained with Dorn as the Imperial Fists (it is rumoured that a 4th chapter was made form the legions assault teams that formed the Soul Drinkers). However there is another Chapter of the second founding that gained a reputation for itself and here you shall read about its birth.

Dorn had quite a task to under take when he was splitting his legion down into the thousand man chapters of the Codex Astartes, many of his brothers did not wish to leave the Imperial Fists. It is written that Dorn was approached by Chaplin Keleos who offered to be placed into one of the second founding’s to continue to spread the word and the teachings of the emperor. Keleos also swore to Dorn that he would make sure the chapter maintained the purity of their father and that of their gene seed.

Due to situations that occurred during the heresy Dorn was not prepared to leave a Chaplin in charge of such a vast number of his Fists, he thought for a long time as to how to further split down the Legion. Dorn never exactly distrusted Keleos, just circumstances prior had forced him into being very careful and putting Keleos in charge of a chapter could been seen as a bad lack of judgement by other Primarchs and chapters, not to mention in his own judgement the risks where too high for him to consider.

After long thought Dorn found his answer. Keleos was admitted into the new chapter the Emperors Fists, but the chapter was left in charge by one of his most loyal Captains Alvarus. Alvarus’ ever watchful eyes and inspirational presence would keep the men in line, leaving Keleos to spread the word of the Emperor (under Alvarus careful watch).

When Dorn announced that Alvarus was to be Chapter master of the Emperors fists, many veterans joined the chapter. With Alvarus inspiring presence and Keleos oratory skills the chapter was born, however when the chapter was formed it was only at half strength, 500 battle brothers formed the ranks of the Emperors Fists and it was left to the duty of Brother Apothecary Farus to maintain the gene seed and bring the Chapter to its full fighting force.

Alvarus and Farus come up with a way to maintain the Chapter and build its forces up, Alvarus sergeants were trained by Farus in the ways of the Apothecarium and as such the chapter very rarely ever lost gene seed samples in battle. Also they had an excellent choice of gene seed which has prevented them from the loss of the betcher’s gland and sus-an membrane.
    Now in the 41st millennium the chapter is at full strength, and the purity of they’re gene seed is unquestioned, due to the chapters unique birth and founding their sergeants are still trained in the ways of the Apothecarium and fielded in combat to maintain the purity of there gene, a slight divergence from the Codex Astartes but one the chapter maintains as part of their heritage. The chapter still maintains the ferocious loyalty that the Imperial Fists are renowned for and sometimes this can lead them into that same difficult situations where tactical retreat may be the better part of valour.

Pious – Purity above all
    Drawback – Death before dishonour

Battle Cry “For the Glory of Dorn and the Immortal Emperor!”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Sounds good - im not going to nit pick about the Soul Drinkers definitely being a 2nd founding chapter...

Nice incorporation of the chaplain thing...

Can't wait to see some new photos showing the fists in all their glory - plus you've got lots of options to use forgeworld icons etc :-)

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

yeh after reading up about the soul drinkers a bit more (which is a great read so far thanks ) they are a 2nd founding chapter of the Imperial Fists no question there tho weather the imperium admits that well .. thats a different argument all together lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast