Should I Do This? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so my friend is a real devotee Imperium player and will never collect any other army, however all I collect at the moment is Imperial Guard, so I was thinking should I paint my figures in a Chaos scheme for use against him and then just have that as their normal paint scheme against anyone else?

I know it might sound like I'm painting to fit around my friends army but I'm not, I always try to paint in dark daemonic colours anyway to try and emphasise the grimness of the 41st millenium.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos don't really have any specific colours. Khorne is red, but so is the inquisition, Nurgle is green, but so are Salamanders and Dark Angles etc. etc.
    If you just paint them in a generic dark scheme then they will fit in anywhere.
    I suggest you make twice as many officers and convert half of them to look more chaosy, and convert two banner bearers too of course.
    Your army will probably not be the most eye-catching at the next GD, but whatever :)
    The only problem I see is that you have to remove all the imperial eagles on lasguns, and cadian flakvests if you have them, but real imperials wouldn't go around without them... It won't be very noticeable though.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been dabbling with the idea of doing a Chaos or heretic Guard army for a while now and considered that rather than removing the Imperium symbols, just paint nasty big red crosses over them.

I don't know why I always go for dark colour schemes, maybe I'm just a little demonic inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I also always use dark colour schemes, mostly becuase i think it looks better and is easier to paint.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about doing a Black and Gold color scheme, with midnight blue highlights. Doing that to the guards would look nice.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this is turning into a topic about paint schemes, I have my own for you to rate.

I'm thinking about changing my SM's colour scheme. They are currently Boltgun metal, with Ultra Blue on the shoulder pads, the elbow pads, the hands, the knee pads and the feet. Their eyes are red.

Now, I'm thinking about changing them a bit. I was going to change all the silver to Shining Gold, with Chestnut ink then Burnished Gold highlights. The hands would be changed to Blazing Orange, with a Red ink wash and Golden Yellow highlights. The eyes would be changed to Purple.

What do you think? A good colour scheme? Or not?

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by FlatFeet@Jun 8 2004, 049
    Since this is turning into a topic about paint schemes, I have my own for you to rate.

I'm thinking about changing my SM's colour scheme. They are currently Boltgun metal, with Ultra Blue on the shoulder pads, the elbow pads, the hands, the knee pads and the feet. Their eyes are red.

Now, I'm thinking about changing them a bit. I was going to change all the silver to Shining Gold, with Chestnut ink then Burnished Gold highlights. The hands would be changed to Blazing Orange, with a Red ink wash and Golden Yellow highlights. The eyes would be changed to Purple.

What do you think? A good colour scheme? Or not?
    Sounds good, but it still doesn't help me with my problem, maybe I will collect a heretic army. I think I'll do some research into traitor IG armies before I decide what colour to paint my figures and let you know how it all turns out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FlatFeet, start your own topic...

Ghost22, a traitor army can be cool. The way I see it there are three types of traitors:
    Chaos cult armies from the lost and the damned
    Traitor guard regiments from the IG codex
    Non-chaos traitors. This includes Tau Gue’vesa and planets that have left the imperium for their own reasons.

Any of these could be used as an army.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for chaos color scheme, put black and gold trimmings. Maybe convert on some horns. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gundamfan@Jun 8 2004, 189
    Well for chaos color scheme, put black and gold trimmings. Maybe convert on some horns. Simple as that.
    Where do you get horns? Are they in the Chaos packs or can i just make them with green stuff?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast