silver tower of tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silver tower of tzeentch

ive recently have started a thousand sons apocalypse army and i needed some super heavy tanks in my army and ive found the silver tower of tzeentch on the games workshop website and its awsome i love its rules and its perfect for my army im now willing to make a couple towers but i dont know how to start with it so please help me on how to start with it and pics of previosly made towers would really help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Firstly, some punctuation would be nice..

Secondly - toilet rolls are your friends!

The Silver Towers of Tzeentch are a legacy war machine from "back in the day" of Epic Space Marine. Imagine a cluster of towers with pointy pinnacles like wizards hats, floating on what amounts to a giant disk of Tzeentch....

So I would obtain a series of different toilet rolls of different sizes and lengths, and use these to form a clister, a little like a desk-tidy (or you could actually use a desk tidy cluster as your base, but it may be a little small...)

Then base it on something like a plastic plate, with giant versions of the spikes from a disk rider sticking out of it.

Embellish with hellish flames, Tzeentch icons, spare demonic entities, eyes, chaos stars, maybe a few chained Bloodletters, Plague Bearers and Daemonettes whose magical essence coudl fuel the infernal flames of Tzeentch, and a few other things such as wings from teh Lord of Change or a sorceror sitting atop one of the towers...
    Last edited by kithre; August 28th, 2008 at 15:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

The only models for the silver tower are from the old epic which was based on the 2nd edition of 40K, so the models are outdated by today's standard, cause of thise there is no really up to date for these towers, you can basily make them the way you want them to be, want to make a floating disk with multiple towers no problem, want something similair to the monlith but only teentchier no problem.
    Want to make some completely different, it's your call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

One simple way of making the base would be to find 2 small 10" plastic plates and glue them together. That would give you a nice solid base. Carve out a symbol of tzeentch in plastic card and glue to the bottom and then add a textured top for the floor.

Hmmm, getting some good ideas here. You can model a scenic base where you could put it on it's side at and angle for scenery, or pull it off and put it on a transparent cylinder to use a a Chaos Super Heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the advice

thx guys for the awsome advice i love the idea of using paper plates as the base and toilet paper rolls ill try out both of em together, but i still dont what to use as the roof of each tower i would appreciate some advice for the roofs please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new to the forums so forgive me for resurrecting a dead topic.
    I've been scheming of a way to build one of these for a while, and came across this post, and figured it's better to bring up the dead posts than to write a new one.

I found some bases at WELCOME TO DRAGON FORGE DESIGN which are very nice. The pictured basesare from there and the 1st is 50mm but they have other styles that i have seen go up to 120mm (like number 2) and the most expensive one i have seen is $12.00 with very nice terrain already build on them. so i have the "base" idea for the tower, I am also thinking of modeling a Necron monolith and mount six dark angels in robes painted up to look like Tzeentch sorcerer priests and put the gargoyle head bits from the tank sprues and glue them to their bolters, and have them standing at the edge of the 120mm base. I know someone that said they can make the green necron parts purple instead,.. so i was wondering if maybe having them blue.. but purple is still cool.
    Anybody care to add to this,.. i am really wanting to craft one of these before the next apocalypse tournament here where I live (which will be in about 1 1/2 months).

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)