Alien WIP - Hollywoodnids? Yummy Pics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alien WIP - Hollywoodnids? Yummy Pics

If youve seen any of my previous posts of my 'nids it wouldnt be too hard to pick the conversion theme. So in preparation of a 1750 pt tournament i had to flesh out my army with the addition of a few fexs n stealers.
    Fexs are a tried n tested conversion into the Alien (got 6 as a nidzilla list). The stealers on the other hand were a lot of fun, after a good night of pizza n popcorn i was at work with the GS and here are some shots of the stages so far.

Any alien fans please point out things you reckon i should add in. The GS is still relatively fresh but once its dry il be sanding a fine finish onto everything and carving up the lil back tubes to make them look.. .well... more tubular (dont know if thats a word but oh well). Without further sleep deprived rambling... The Alien!

As i am cheap these are all 2nd hand models ive fixed up and then converted, do people thjink i could use the leaping alien as a broodlord? Again dont think the broodlord is worth shelling out $30 for if GW wasnt soo damned pricey my entire army wouldnt be 2nd hand units iv converted...

For curious people: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...pic-heavy.html
    was my last post with some nids in it, all converted and painted. Fexs/tyrant/ripper.

If people are interested i can post some finished pics of the ones with more dynamic poses, they still need the GS to set and hold in place as i have them all supported by bluetac pedestals to hold flailing tails etc.

And yes i am aware the Leapers head needs to be smoothed out more, it has been but i cbf to take a new pic
    Kaannn

Last edited by kaannn; August 30th, 2008 at 13:50.
    Mmmm... Biomatter... OMNOMNOMNOM

The Great Devourer, Intergalactic Munchies coming to a planet near you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Good start but a some work on the head could be added.

Lifesize Alien Warrior Prop 1:1 scale

Lots of pictures of a life sized alien.

Keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have always wanted to try this theme but am a little lazy (may try it with a nidzilla list though) but you have inspired me, good job and keep it up. I hope u find a considerable amount of money on the floor so then u can invest in some of those shiny first hand miniatures
    A prisoner of war is a man that tries to kill you and fails, and then asks that you not to kill him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i ackowledge the heads are still a bit rough, but they are being smoothed out. Also once ive double-varnished them all the minor indents are filled in and totally invisible on the black basecoat, kinda cheating a little but it allows me a bit of freedom to not have the GS entirely perfect.

Inquisitor_Naravus i owe you a few more than one for that link, it is fantastic and has allowed me to see lots of details i missed while watchiong the Alien skulk and stab and generally murder its way through the first 2 movies. I never saw Alien 3/4 at the recommendations of some friends, they said they only just ruined the awesome factor of the first 2.

Slasherama i play a nidzilla list for tournaments with the entire army done like this, cusotm made obkjective markers are Eggs with some facehuggers made from skeletal hands and a greenstuff tail+lungs? The 2 bags of skin beside the base of the tail... The rippers=chest busters, genestealers= Aliens, broodlord is a bit bigger so = The Alien, and the fexs/tyrant are just bigger versions of the previous but i havent had the opportunity to do much tail work/body work much mroe than a bulbous head' so thjats why ive had so much fuin with this project.

Thanx for all the comment,
    Glad you guys liked them.

Kaannn
    Mmmm... Biomatter... OMNOMNOMNOM

The Great Devourer, Intergalactic Munchies coming to a planet near you!

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

I love Alien themed nids.
    The theme just looks cool.

Your guys are looking very good.
    But will you find it hard to hard 40+ Alien
    heads?
    Maybe you could try making some kind
    of mold instead of doing each one by hand.

Never the less you have done so nice work here
    so keep it up.
    Looking forward to seeing them painted!

- Boomer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

+ Reply to Thread