Ice Necrons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ice Necrons?

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Ice Necrons?

Hey, I just recently started with my Necron army. While waiting for my battle force to arrive I spent days just browsing over various paint schemes because quite frankly I didn't want to have plain Necrons. I found CoolMiniOrNot - Necron Immortal in NMM take 2 by Risen and I instantly loved it as Ice/Water are one of my favorite "elements" so to speak.

I was wondering if anyone here would know the steps involved to get this, I don't need any help with the rod as I found a nice replacement for rods:

Sorry the pictures are blurry but my phones camera isn't top of the range. Anyway you might wonder what I have there? (Don't worry those aren't glued in yet) Here is the cheap, non-import needed, solution to rod colors:

Ear-buds. Yes the stick between the cleaning goodness makes the best rods when cut to the size for the gun! And I dunno about others but I know that my stores have various colored ear-buds.

Looking forward to responses, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Cardiff, Wales, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Hmm that's an interesting one...I imagine he did it with lots of blending, and very very precise painting (the white lines etc)...

If I was going to go for an ice theme, I'd personally consider using shadow grey, space wolves grey, fortress grey and skull well as maybe the asurmen blue wash...I'd paint up the pattern I wanted, then I'd lightly drybrush it with skull white and glaze it with the blue wash....that would give it the 'melted and re-freeze' feel...

Don't know if that's any help. but let me know if it is - failing that I'm sure one of the other guys will come up with something!!

+ Reply to Thread