Games Day mini converted into Black Widows female Warlord (Vulkan He'stan) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Games Day mini converted into Black Widows female Warlord (Vulkan He'stan)

Okay, those of us who went to Games Day got a limited edition marine commander holding a thunder hammer with both hands. I was ready to just give mine away, until someone challenged me to use it to make a Black Widow HQ model. Since there were copies of the new space marine codex for us to peruse through, I quickly settled on the best special character for me to use when I transition the Widows over to using the new marine codex. Vulkan He'stan. Wait, you say all my free flamers and multi-meltas will count as twin liked? Why, yes, please, and may I have some more?

Anyway, he has a lot of weapons to mimick, so I went diving through my bitz drawers. The Relic Blade was easily enough represented by a Grey Knight Nemisis Force Weapon, and what better to represent a 3+ invulnerable save then a big 'ol storm shield? Since her hands are already filled, I mounted the heavy flamer over her shoulder, Ad-Mech style, with a converted devastator backpack to hold the promethium. I also gave her a leftover banner from a commander box set, which will give some room for some nice freehand.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. She's primed and ready to be painted at this point. As always, click on the thumbnail to see a larger pic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's amazing doc looks really good, especially cos of the flamer + backpack, twin-linked fire weapons sound very ad-mech, its almost as if you planned to do that before filling her hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Coming from someone who's not a huge fan of the concept of female Marines, that looks really nice. Pictures are a bit blurry though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Very nicely done indeed, much like the rest of the black widows I've seen. I wasn't a great fan of the base model, so I'm glad to see someone actually using it....

The only thing I would have changed personally was I'm not a great fan of back banners.... They're just so impracticle.

Damn... Got stuck in me' rhino/drop-pod/toilet again.
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

+ Reply to Thread