Assault Chaplain and Squad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assault Chaplain and Squad

Hello!

I'am currently adding a jumpy chap. and a assault squad to my ultramarines army and a have a plan for how to paint them...

I'm planing on matching the caplain and the squad! the chaplain and the squad will be wearing deathblack armour, gold trims and u.blue shoulderpads!

i myself think this will be a awesome looking squad...

but what do you all say... would a squad of macragge's finest wear black armour?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

er

NO.

There we are. I said it first. Nope.

Then again what has what I think got to do with anything?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I'm not a complete fluff-head with 40k, but if I remember correctly, only at certain times will a marine paint his armour another colour. To do so would be treated as a mistreatment to the spirit of the armour. Only really when part of a new chapter, or deathwatch shall the armour be permitted to be over-painted (and the latter leave one should pad displaying their chapters colours in honour).

That said, there is nothing to stop you from painting your armour however you please. You could claim that they are aspiring chaplains that have gathered under the tuition of an elder and wiser master. Or something like that. That could work well in another chapter, but with Ultramarine, they are very strict on their adherence to the codex. This would be an unlikely event.

So, you could paint them however you please but people will most likely point out that it's "wrong". Or you can just paint the normal marines/retinue blue like the rest of the chapter.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

If I remember correctly, I randomly read somewhere that aspiring chaplains do indeed paint theire armour a different colour, however I seem to recall it is only the right arm that they paint black, whilst leaving the rest of the armour it's original colour. i'm pretty sure i have seen this on an ultramarine squad actually, however I really can't remember where I read it...maybe someone else has seen this too....maybe I'm just mad...

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

I'm a big fan of the idea of a retinue of rookies following a master around- it works for techmarines, too. The idea of a black right arm sounds good but I'd also add other 'chaplainy' stuff to the squad- look for books, censers, robes and skull adornments. The DA upgrade pack has heaps of extra bits and pieces.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard View Post
    You could claim that they are aspiring chaplains that have gathered under the tuition of an elder and wiser master.
    My mates got a unit of Imperial fist (SPITS) aspiring chaplains. Hes painted them all black, the inners of the shoulder pads and the fasce plate are yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey View Post
    I'm a big fan of the idea of a retinue of rookies following a master around- it works for techmarines, too. The idea of a black right arm sounds good but I'd also add other 'chaplainy' stuff to the squad- look for books, censers, robes and skull adornments. The DA upgrade pack has heaps of extra bits and pieces.
    Great idea, it would look wonderfull with books and stuff in there. Perhaps have some little cherub/imps flying with them too. Covered in purity seals and such.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread