vallejo water effect - tips and tricks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vallejo water effect - tips and tricks?

Hi everyone,

I got me a pot of Vallejo water, it's quite a thick white gel, suitable for sculpting apparently and I have two issues.

One - general tips on using the bugger - I have a fountain I want to fill with water so any help is appreciated.

two - It doesn't seem to set clear, more white! I put a lump on a piece of hardboard to dry, nothing larger than a big pea I suppose but it's set with clear edges and still white inside - is this right? Is mine bust or do I need to do something different?

Thanks for your time, hope your own modeling projects are going well

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x4)

I've had water effect take several days to dry before, simply because of how thick it was. The beer cooler on the back of my basilisk, in fact, was over a quarter of an inch deep in it, took about a week. Best bet is to go with thin layers, I think. I know on the Vallejo site they've got a tutorial for using their water effect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    229 (x4)

Tetsugaku-San,

The water effects starts white and cures dry-clear.
    The problem is that it needs oxygen to dry out/turn clear.

When using water effects or any type of resin, it's key to allow all of it to get oxygenated. I usually pour or paint mine on in layers. Yes, it takes a bit longer, but it prevents having a beautiful water piece with a solid white chunk in the middle that's opaque and ruining the "effect".

THe peas size chunk may not be the best way to test it.

get a bottle of soda, or water, and take the cap off, paint the inside of the cap a color.
    then paint/pour a THIN layer of the water effects into it, allowing it to dry.
    See if there is a difference that the "pea test".

hope this helps.

(once you get the hang of the WE , you're going to be so stoked to use it EVERYWHERE.) Enjoy.
    Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

+ Reply to Thread