My undead ultramarine army!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

My undead ultramarine army!!!

Hello again everyone it’s been over a year since my first major project The Grot Rebellion was completed: THE GREAT GROT REBELLION!!!

And now I am happy to unveil my 2nd converted army The Darkmakers...

The Darkmakers
    The last 4 of a once loyal chapter of marines called ‘The Light Bearers’ with the power to heal any wound, now a group of powerful immortal chaos champions who have the power to animate the dead led by the Deamon Prince Sharazad: Keeper Of The Dead they lay siege to the Imperium with an army of fallen Ultramarines.

HQ & ELITES

Sharazad
    I came up with many concepts for Sharazad originally he was a chaos lord riding a wave of skeletons (Original Model) I was tempted for a time to have the soul grinder deamon riding this wave. But in the end I choose to use the Bela’kor model, combined with the Inquisitor scale robes and skeleton shield he looks the part for a leader of a necromantic chaos army.

Rokhan & Terminators
    Considering I was using Death Guard rules I had to have a unit of toughness 5 terminators. Using some of terminators from my old space marine army and with a bit of drilling and scratching I was able to create the look I wanted.
    I wanted all of the Darkmakers to have their own unique look compared to each other, ‘the Juggernaut’ from the Xmen comics was the inspiration for Rokhan’s appearance I wanted him to look like he could run through a squad of marines without a problem. He is my favourite Darkmaker out the 4.

TROOPS

Korell & the Undead Sprits
    Korell was the first Darkmaker I made at a ‘Space Marine Conversion Day’ at my local GW that was where the idea for undead marines started, I went for the all wise and mysterious look for him. The Sprits were a late edition to the army after the new chaos codex came out and I saw that the thousand sons had a AP3 gun and a 4+ invulnerable I couldn’t stop thinking about a unit of Undead sprits. I made them look pre-heresy with a combo of Black Templar and Dark Angel bits to make them look ancient; painting them was a long and tiresome process. Space Marine player love them. Lol

The Darkmakers
    Sindri: I love Japanese warriors so I wanted to go with a samurai look for one of my Darkmakers which was easy with marauder, dark angel and several other bits.
    Zaceria: Originally the model for my Deamon Prince I changed him into a Raptor champion and gave him a classic chaos jumpback, but after a few games my very expensive 300pt raptors was giving very little back so I ripped off their jumpbacks and split my 2 squads of 10 zombies into 3 squads of 8. They’re much better this way plus his original cloak was timeconsuming to create.
    Rokhan: My terminators are for 2000pt games but he is too good not to feature in 1500pt games so I use him as a champion with a Powerfist.

The Ultrazombies
    Like I’ve already mentioned the project started at a Games Workshop Space Marine conversion day where I converted a squad of undead marines in the time it took two lots of people to make their squads, neverless I won the best squad award. This is the only army when I’ve spend more time converting then painting but the battle damage was worth it as it has given them a interesting look. In games I use them as Death Guard as their ‘feel no pain’ rule and slow speed make them perfect for representing my zombies. I choose Ultramarines because most people dislike that chapter in general since I started playing 2 months ago I’ve had people praise me for making an undead Ultramarine army or as a young kid called them ‘Ultrazombies’. I call games against Ultramarine players ‘A Recruitment Drive’ mission.

The Vehicles

Now when it came to converting the vehicles I wasn’t sure what to do with them should they be chaos and belong to the Darkmaker or be looted loyal tanks? In the end I choose to keep them looking loyal adding battle damage and scars but not too much to the point where they just won’t work, therefore my army would be able to stroll into an imperial city posing as a defeated Ultramarine force before giving the population a surprise attack!

The more powerful the tank the less real damage for example the Land Raider has only a few scrapes and wasn’t really destroyed by as you can see someone got in through the top hatch and killed the crew.

My favourite is the Rhino where I modeled the exploded passenger compartment; you can see the hole where the shell went through on the side.

So far this army has had 8 wins, 2 draws, 3 loses. I now plan to do some artwork for the army and comic to explain their background.

So what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

You got a very unique and nicely painted army. I am rally liking that rhino that has the centered torn out nicely done on the effect.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Wow man: beautiful work, as always. And the fluff is so awesome. It reminds me alot of the Heinrich Kimmler stories from WHFB. Beautiful army.
    I have but one complaint: some of your marines look too damaged to really fight. There's a marine with just one leg, who'd likely be a crawling zombie, and another who's balanced on his knife point. If you want to have half-a-marine, it'd be cool to have him pulling himself along the ground with his knife, with entrails dragging behind him.
    At any rate, this is top-notch work, and absolutely awesome. I might have to make myself some ghost-marines now!
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great

wow thats a very unique army and i love the use of the undead guys and look of the gost like guys! GREAT JOB!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Absolutely brilliant painting and converting work. I do think the vahicles and some of the armour on the marines looks a bit too clean though, you have a good amount of metal showing and raw damage on the vehicles but they look very clean still. I would expect undead to look a bit dirtier like they've been dragged along the ground a bit, and a bit darker too.

But they still look great.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Awesome.

And since you're not using it...

*puts idea for a Chaos Sorcerer riding a wave of corpses into the Archive...*

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

How'd you paint the spirits? they're cool.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Though I'm an ultrasmurf loyal it's good to see someone laying into them

I love Darkmaster korell and his ethereal dudes (they are ethereal right) they just have a glowing aura of coolness about them that makes them the best unit.

keep up the great work.

-DTG
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ungbloods.html

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Really nice idea, and a great looking army.
    Rep to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Good idea

This really was a great idea. I think you have taken a simple conecpt and then executed it excellently. The units work well and the conversions on the whole are really well thought out. I think it is easy when you are converting this many models at once to become bored and church out very similar models albeit converted. I think you have managed to avoid that.

Thanks for sharing. I think you could get away with more pics from different angles and perhaps some discussion of what you did and with what parts... etc etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast