Librarium Online Forums banner

IC 4: Zee's First Scenery!

3K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Zeewulf 
#1 ·
Hmm.
Where to start? The concept is swimming in my head, sorta like a single cell in a tide pool....hmm.....
I want to play spore.....
NO! Back to task! Important task! I must work!

There is scenery to be made!....
But how? With a desert surrounding, the nearest hobby store MIGHT be in Sharm al Sheik or Cairo....I'm sure there might be one in Tel Aviv....
Hrm. Don't think the boss will let me borrow one of the trucks for a day trip. Might as well see what I can do, between random parts from work, and the things I find lying around, as well as stuff from the Force Exchange...
IRONCHEF! BEGIN!

Imperial Liquid Storage Tank
Scenery on an improvised...er, supply chain..

Well, here's what I've got to work with......

The key ingredients from the kitchen: Toothpicks, plastic silverware, paper towel roll, and, the most important part...the V8 bottle!

First step, however, is gonna be washing that nasty thing out right quick.....and then from there, we'll have to figure it out, now won't we.......

Oh, and as for the plan? We'll have to see if anything more coherent enters my head!

See less See more
Reactions: Guant
#27 ·
To be honest, I really did think about it; I've got stencils and kits and stuff...but honestly....When I got to thinking, I thought of a bunch of colonists who just slapped some paint on it. Behind the very professionally done sign, is a real sign that was up before the Guard showed up and declared it hazardous: "OSIRIS IV WATER RECLAIMATION PLANT: CLEANING UP TODAY FOR TOMORROW! HAVE A NICE DAY :) "
The tale of Osiris IV is still being written out...lets just say, it ends up being a midnight snack for a hive fleet.

#30 ·
Looking good, but I can't help thinking the paint chips need a bit more definition. If you look at some of the tanks in the codices you will notice the chips are first painted black and then painted boltgun metal leaving a little of the black showing at the edges.
This gives better definition to the chip and looks more realistic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.