Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well the new boxed set has been out for a short while now, so this seems like a good idea to have a little fun with the contents. This contest is for non-vehicles only (so no koptas or dread ). Like most LO events, this is for fun only (perhaps a pretty badge if allowed).
1. Entries are to be from the "Assault on Black Reach" boxed set or the free miniature from White Dwarf only.
2. They are to be a non-vehicle miniature
3. They can be converted, however.
4. They will be judged on the painting as it's a painting contest.
5. They must be based on either their proper sized base or a "terminator" sized base only.
6. You may submit four photos only; one of each side or one collage. Each image may be no wider than 700 pixels wide, any larger will not be accepted.
How to enter
Instead of the usual method of each member posting their own photos, I have decided it might be more fun to do a blind contest. In other words, only myself and the submitter shall know which is their miniature. This is how that'll work:
1. PM/Email King Ulrik Flamebeard with your photos (preferably hosted via another website such as photobucket.com etc)
2. I shall then add them to my own profile in the LO gallery where they will be viewable for all to look at. All photos will be without the painters name.
3. A poll shall be created for you, the members, to vote which miniature you like the most.
4. Those entering, you are not allowed to post your photos of your entry anywhere on LO's forum, to ensure that the voting shall be blind. You are also not allowed to mention which is your miniature before or during voting to keep the voting fair and unbiased.
The event shall run for three weeks starting Saturday 27th September 2008. The closing dates for entries is Saturday 18th October 2008; at 12;00 (GMT - [Midnight] )
It is open to all, mod and member alike. Best of luck to everyone, and good painting!!
Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; September 27th, 2008 at 02:52.
Are the freebie WD minis acceptable for this? (since they are technically AoBR minis too)
Edit - You just beat me to mentioning the closing date
Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan
Might give this a go.
Nice chance to break out of my 'style'...
minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
Last updated 09/01/11
"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey
"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87
Sounds like fun.
I know the time is limited by now... but can I enter?
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me
I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...
Too bad the order of black reach boxes for my local store got stuck in customs... I guess its only going to be the terminator or nob for me...
How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
My recruitment link!
new to forums, but i think i'll be entering this...
Hmm, sounds interesting, might give it a go.
First, you should give it to the end of the month. Second, is there a prize? 60 dollars and the time is precious resources. If either apply I'll go buy a box right now and tackle it.