Sculpting a Khorne Daemon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Sculpting a Khorne Daemon Prince

Right. So i've decided I want a Daemon prince for my Mortal Khorne army, except I want it to be like a larger version of the chaos warriors. I've got a good idea of what i want it to look like, it's just I don't know how to go about doing that. I've looked at tutorials, they show you how to use sculpting tools and use a doll/frame etc.. but i've yet to found one that actually helps.

I've started already, just made a frame from sprue and wrapped/glued foil to it for bulk. I've started adding some greenstuff for more bulk and to make a flatter surface, but now i'm stuck. How do i sculpt armour? And by that, I mean how to i get it symmetrical, how long do i leave it before i work with it, how do i get it onto the model? Anyone that can help would be amazing.

Anyway, heres some pics of what i've done so far:

And a sketch of what I want him to look like, upper body at least, and his axe (which i've started to make with plasticard already.):

Thanks for any help and advice!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

OOOOOHH! You're drawing on your exam paper, I used to do that too and evil sick vomit, it's math, I hate math. I think you are off to a good start with the use of tin foil to create his bulk so you can add green stuff to it. I think you should consider how far his arms will stick out. The way the tin foil seems to be sticking out there looks too far, as if he will be crucified. You should try to change that. I think your design for the axe is cool, it looks quite original. If you want him to look like a giant Chaos warrior you should think about giving him a cape, that is if he won't be getting wings. Also general furry stuff on his shoulders like Chaos warriors could be helpful in covering more of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Yah, I was thinking about a cape but i'm not sure how to support it. It would definately help cover things The arm's wont be like that, that's more shoulders - I haven't made the arms yet because they need to be posed with the axe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzinatah View Post
    Yah, I was thinking about a cape but i'm not sure how to support it. It would definately help cover things
    Perhaps you could try to do the cape like Spawn's cape, not a Chaos spawn but that dude with the magic cape that moves all over the place. You would not have to get it exact but it would look very Daemonic with a giant, bat-winged cape on him. It could double as wings and let you cover loads of stuff up.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Take your time. Sculpt up a basic form to start with, then sculpt each muscule onto the model individually, look at body builders for reference. For armour take your time and ensure its smooth.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread