Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've just recieved the AoBR dreadnought and have spent the weekend making stuff to convert him to a venerable. I've done some of the converting and ideas are much appricieated. C&C is welcome.
Pics of "Saxus"
Body and Sarcofigus:
Mech shrine (sorry bout the pic):
Let me know what you think
Last edited by Dead Dude Walking; October 1st, 2008 at 05:57.
A larger pic of the main body
All for now
I am terrible at using GS so I have found an alternitive. I used this technique alot in my dreadnought for parchment banners and trims on the side of the armour.
If you use tubes of glue like i do then you have a whole library of potential parchments, scrolls, seals and banners.
Once you have used up all of the glue cut the tube near the ends. cut one of the sides so that it opens up like this.
From here you can cut it into different shapes for tonnes of paper-related objects.
Last edited by Dead Dude Walking; October 1st, 2008 at 02:34. Reason: frogot to add something
Heh, thats a nifty trick with the glue tubes...
Nice Dread so far!
"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes
You have made a good job in converting the Dread... but the pics are so blurry...
What have you used inside the sarcofagus? The red as I see it?
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me
I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...
Yeah... sorry bout the blur.
I used wires (mostly copper) from an old circut kit that I got when I was about 9. The red wires are just wires with the red insulating stuff on it. I also used copper wires, and wrapped one around the other to have a kinda power cable look.
If you have an old broken down (beyond repair) TV, computer etc then use the wires out of those.
This shot is VERY blury so I apologise
I REALLY like this!
I've tried the glue tube trick as well, but have also used old toothpaste tubes for larger banners. I do like your renditions very much, they look really well done.
Now obviously I don't know what you use to take your pictures(camera, phone, etc) if you can find it, look for the symbol of a flower. This is macro and helps take close up shots. I apologise if you've already tried this, and I do not wish to insult your intelligence. I hope you take no offence
Overall this is a very nice conversion...something I may have to try myelf... hehe *reps*
I did try macro but my camera is realy old so ive got to make do
I'm going to my local hobby shop today to show it off and get a few ideas. Fingers crossed! More updates tomorrow.
P.S. none taken
Nice work! Not the best photos, but the model is looking pretty cool! I got the AoBL set and was a bit gutted at the limited opportunities for converting, but I think you had done a great job! Certainly better than I could!