Gareth's Tyranids... 9000pt army shot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Gareth's Tyranids... 9000pt army shot

I've just taken pics of my entire painted nid collection. Fills a 6x4ft board nicely ;D

Click the thumbnails to see bigger pics

More pics can be seen in my blog, see my sig for link.

Here are the formations and datasheets I'm packing.

Hivemind Brood
    Genestealer Infestation
    Endless Swarm
    Mycetic Assault Storm
    Harridan + Gargoyles
    Hierophant
    Scythed Hierodule
    Trygon (not pictured, because its not painted).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

5 weeks worth of spare evenings and weekends and Harry is finally completed. It was a huge project to undertake, especially when you consider it arrived a week or so before I was getting married and I had it assembled and the wings painted by then! I really enjoyed this model. More so then the dreaded Hierophant kit.

Its a pain to photograph and this sadly is the best I can do.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

695 (x8)

Ok, this model originally started off life as a taloned horror, a smallish monstrous creature capable of leaping. Here is a pic

The original taloned horror rules were written for the Second Tyrannic Campaign last year and after the event I was left with a non legal model, and with Apocalypse released, I saw the potential for a 2nd winged hive tyrant (I have a forgeworld one).

The original taloned horror came about from left over fex lower torso, tail and legs, basically the left over parts from my red terror conversion. This mean't I had to sculpt the entire upper torso and back carapace myself. I used the Battle for Macragge hive node for the tail extension and I used dex scything talon forearms to extend the legs then used greenstuff and fex spikes to create taloned feet.

When it came to the tyrant conversion, it needed a more recognisable tyrant head, so I greenstuffed a fex tusked head to a 3rd edition tyrant crest. I also greenstuffed on some new extended carapace to make it look like it had a 3+ save. I chopped off all the limbs and added some balrog wings. The balrog wings have had devourers and greenstuff nid like vents worked into them, I also filed off some of the lava like scales.

The offensive front arms, feature scratch sculpted upper arms, and then warrior barbed strangler with 2 devourer heads blended into the main weapon body. I used monstrous creature rending claws to get a predator mouth style to the devourers, this really helped them because they were pretty flat and boring.

When it came to painting, I had to step back and re-evaluate the scheme. The green wasn't working, its too much contrast. Its the problem with coming up with your own scheme you don't know what it looks like until you have something tangible in front of you. I'd done a test stealer (seen on the right, old scheme on the left).

Well I've waffled on enough with the reasons, so here are the pics...

[imghttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Gareth_tyranids/Tyranids/Deviltyrant3-1.jpg[/img]

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

695 (x8)

I just finished this big beastie tonight, so i've crawled out of my blog to share the finished pictures.

His jetbikes are many. Mayor Quimby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    338 (x4)

Hats off to you sir!

I am speechless, an incredibly huge army, painted at a master level, with a great level of detail and skill... and featuring not one, but two stunning Forgeworld models. Even more so because my first army was a 'nid one.

I am especially impressed by the blending (the Hierodule claws are really beautiful), and the Tau model is incredibly funny (above all, the expression on his face).

So... rep! I only wish my rep power was higher!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that is absoluletly stunning work! I don't think that i've ever seen a nid army that big, let alone painted to that standard! Truly inspiring work kudos due!

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

the nids there amazeing gareth!

but the tau is somethig elce! i love him!
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

actually Mayor, i spotted at least 4 maybe 6 forge world models in there...

Garreth, you inspire me to expand my nids again, with more forgeworld. I'd never liked the Harridan model until i saw yours painted up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

FANTASTIC collection my man an inspiration to us all !

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Awe inspiring, if I have one complaint, and its minor...

don't post so many miniatures at once it is too hard to truly appreciate them and I can't rep them all, and they all deserve rep!

Guess I should subscribe to your blog.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast