Wood Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood Elves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Wood Elves

Well Guys and Girls here is my project thread, I'm starting my first Fantasy Army and have chosen the Wood Elves. Haven't really desided on the paint scheme yet and there for the theme. I'm currently considering an autumn themed army. This thread will moustly contain the construction and Converting of the whole army. I'll figure out the theme when I constucted and undercoated the whole army. any comments and suggestions are welcome, all though the list isn't up for construction anymore.

at the moment I got a box of dryads, brainchwraith drycha as branchwraith and a GW wood box. also have the steeds I need to get my wildrider conversions ordered and should get them soon. at the moment I'm figuring out how I will base the army so I can start on my first dryad unit. Will probably make a displayboard for this army there for I'm working on the bases atm. Hopefully I can take some pictures allong the way to keep you posted on the progress in a way you can see it.

Cheers Jayz

Last edited by forumjayz; October 23rd, 2008 at 15:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess your going for a forest spirit themed army which is cool. Good Luck with the conversions and such, I just have a few thoughts and suggestions about the list.

First off, Can the Wildrider actually take HoDa? Its an arrow that has to be fired from a longbow and correct me if im wrong, but dont Wildriders loose their longbow?

If you take a branchwraith then If you not have AoN then you defiantly need a champion in a unit of dryads to soak challenges.

A Treeman seems real expensive at 1k points. Especially with your model count only at around 29. In a 1k Ngoblin army I have a singular unit with over that many models in (I know bad comparison seeing how cheap goblins are, but regardless you get my point.)

I find that 6 Wildriders are the way to go. Personal Preference maybe.

Personally I would get some more Dryads by dropping the Treeman, Hell you could even pack some Treekin or More Wildriders.

29 Models seems really sparse and I for one would plow a throw away unit into, or avoid, your Treeman completely and sweep your really really small amount of models away with the rest of my army.

Good Luck
    Cheers
    Sam.
    Looking for 2 Unpainted Forest Goblin Spider Riders (Riders Only) and 1 Musician ~ PM me or Email me: Sam_Davies@Mac.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Yeah jsut played a game with it against deamons and failed misserably. Need to think about the list and see what I wanna do. To bad I ordered 15 elven steeds to do the conversions. going to keep the treeman no question about it just need to loose 1 WR units and btw 1 is joined by noble making it 6 WR and with the WR points get some Glade guards or something. I might need to get some games in with this list against a non deamon list. it's all a bit weird atm but need to figure out what I'm going to do before I buy more things I won't need.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Well changed the list a bit what you think of this puppy.

Hero: 230

Wardancer noble
    + Moonstone of the Hidden Ways or Blade of loec

branchwraith
    a cluster of radaints

Core: 438

8 dryads
    8 dryads

+ one will be joined by the branchwraith

10 glade guard
    10 glade guard

+ musician

special: 332

6 wildriders
    + FC
    + warbanner

6 Wardancers
    + musiscian

total: 1000 pts. 3 dd and 2 pd

instead of 29 this list has 50 models it's not as impressive as the Treeman but if I can get down how to use it properly It should have a Big Bang.

Cheers Jayz
    Last edited by forumjayz; October 23rd, 2008 at 15:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Might get more ideas for an army list in the Wood elves forum. This is for people modeling and converting to put up pictures and work in progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

hhehe I know mate just posting a changed list not really for discussion or anything. But thanks for the pointer anyways mate.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Not a problem I think those spirits as the wildriders was really cool look forward to seeing any of your conversions.
    Last edited by Tyrius; October 12th, 2008 at 02:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

ok I ended up choosing this list as my final list for now.

Hero: 223

Alter Noble
    + Light Armour
    + Shield
    + Great Weapon
    + HoDa

Branchwraith
    + a cluster of radaints

Core: 324

8 dryads
    8 dryads

+ one will be joined by the branchwraith

10 glade guard
    + musician
    10 glade guard
    + musician

special: 340

6 wildriders
    + Musiscians
    + Standeard Bearer
    + Warbanner

7Wardancers

+ musiscian

total: 999pts. 3 dd and 2 pd

I've started work on the first Wildrider conversion and it's going pretty good so far will post pictures soon. I'm also playing with the Idea of going full dryad models for all the unit's except the wardancer and noble. We al know the long point arms of the Dryads I'm going to try and make it look like an archer Dryad. Will post a Picture when I get 1 Done so you can see if it's something I shoud try to do for all the Archers.

Cheers Jayz
    Last edited by forumjayz; October 20th, 2008 at 09:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Update Time:

Branchwraith assembeled and based, greenstuffed some roots and made the rock from scratch using some Plastic card.

Detail of the base

And the first Horse to Tree conversion:

Will still need some time to Finish the base of the firts horse base but that will have to wait till I have all 6 done so I cna have some nice Themed bases.

That's it for now

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. That Tree to Horse looks really smooth. Should be absolutely amazing when painted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast