Rough Deffkoptas!!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    czechgangster44

Rough Deffkoptas!!?

I'm a Imperial Guard player, and have been for years, and i've just got the idea of Rough riders really stuck in my head. I have done some calculations(A.K.A roled the dice a few times in a row) and I could kill more then their points worth, with a unit of 5 rough riders equiped with hunting lances (in combat with regular necron warriors, my most usual enemy).
    with this tasty fact in my head i want to go right on and buy these buggers, but the Attilan rough riders that are being sold fromGW right now are $12, a little bit to expensive for me, so i think i will do a converstion, and this is where i need your help. their are so many converstion possibilities, but i don't know which looks the best, and is easiest to accomplish.
    i'll list my ideas so far:

1) convert Deffkoptas from the new and super cheap "Warhammer 40,000: Assault On Black Reach" set. my plan for these is to take of the propellers and put the Deffkoptas on the ground. then i would chop of the whole body of the ork from the legs up, and replave with I.G. torso, head, and arms. then i would add millions of bitz and file bolts and signs and scratches... down, and lastly add a lance ressembling weapon and it's good to paint.

2) convert space marine bikers. pretty much self explanitory.

3) covert WW2 bikes(1/48 scale) that are cheaper and not as bulky looking as space marine bikes.

4) put imperial guardsmen on tyrinad Hormagaunts and covert like crazy. this is definitly the most wacky idea(in my opinion) but i think it has the most potential for fun (unless there is some logistical nightmare). imagen, saddles, harnesses, lances......

5)and lastly get some kind of warhammer knights, either empire knights or empire outriders.

so what do you guys think? easiest, sexiest, fluffest? can't wait to hear your opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love love love the idea of dethkopta riders with lances in there hands , love it...

did i mention i loved it?

Max

czechgangster44

thanks for the loving my idea, but do you know if the conversion might be a little to complicated because the models are "snap together"? or you can say how much you love the idea, either is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Oh, do the termaguants!!!!!! That would be soooooo cool!!
    The deffkopta idea would take a lot of converting. A lot. Don't go for marine bikes, they're too big. You could convert some Warhammer fantasy cavalry, but that will be expensive and annoying. If you're good with greenstuff, go ahead with the termaguants and/or fantasy cavalry. I reckon Termaguants though, just because no one else will have them!!!
    Father Mulcahy: Just as the Lord said to Noah, "Everything in pairs."
    Pierce Hawkeye: Of course the Lord was holding three aces at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Jakeman View Post
    Oh, do the termaguants!!!!!! That would be soooooo cool!!
    The deffkopta idea would take a lot of converting. A lot. Don't go for marine bikes, they're too big. You could convert some Warhammer fantasy cavalry, but that will be expensive and annoying. If you're good with greenstuff, go ahead with the termaguants and/or fantasy cavalry. I reckon Termaguants though, just because no one else will have them!!!
    warhammer calvary is not the same exact scale, so may not be able to pull it off. I would say the deffcoptas or termagaunts, as they would be the most cost effective ^^ I would personally take deffcoptas and add some wheels to em, would be amazing imo

-Kid

czechgangster44

i'm torn. both seem reaally good ideas, but the orks have one advantage. their legs are alreay in the deffkoptas, and the termaguants would need extra bit ordered legs(which are hard to find now that GW consolidated it's bitz to about 1 arm for each army). but i freaking love the thought of gaurdsmen in saddles, on tyrinads, with lances. can some be really baised to one of the ideas and sway my opinion please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

In my opinion, the one with the Hormagaunt would look good, and would probably have a sort of moral effect on the enemy. I mean, if I saw a Hormagaunt with an Imperial Guardsman with a lance strapped onto the things back charging at me, I would be shitting bricks.

The one with the WHFB knights would probably be easiest to convert. It wouldnt take much. All you would have to do is lop the head off and add a guardsman head and a few bits. This would probably be easiest for fluff too.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

What about marine scout bikers? Also check out the new Marauder Cavalry or DE Cold One Knights.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I still think the marine scout bikes look a bit too chunky for a Guardsman to handle.

czechgangster44

no i am certain about my two narrowed down choices, i really just need a strong opinion, please. there is a sale on ebay for 9 deffkoptas for 45 bucks(with shipping) that ends tommorw so i have to commit now. just one well structured sentence to persuade and inspire, Obama style.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast