Iron Swords Marine Captain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron Swords Marine Captain

Hmm this is a model I whipped up two weeks ago when I got sick of using long power swords as Relic Blades, and I was wondering what you all thought of it all. =.=

(Hush up, I only have a crappy PSP camera >.>; thank you photoshop for ridding this pic of yellow ._.)

The scythe is from the mounted Fantasy Nurgle champion, and since I'm about to remake this model and equip him with a jump pack, I was wondering if there were similar bitz out there I can use as a scythe, or is it fine as it is (though definite repose, he looks like he's about to fall over -_-;. Or maybe some suggestions as to the pose, etc. =.= any idea are greatly appreciated. ( ^^)a

Iron Swords 3rd Company - We are the swords which reap the bodies of our foes.

Train of thought will be terminating at.. edible murder weapons!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

My friend's librarian is very similar. He used the Typhus scythe for his force weapon I believe, and it turned out nice. IIRC his scythe is held up in front of him and tilted to one side so he is holding it with both hands. The model himself seems to be charging in ready to swing and decapitate some poor soul. His other weapons are either wrist mounted or holstered. Well have fun making yours and I hope I've been of help.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet, that's an awesome idea O.o I'll definitely hunt around for the bits. Thanks :3

Australia, but doing an exchange in Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

very cool, a bit chaosy (i think due to the spiky Iron Halo), but that merely adds to his fierceness. and i've always loved marine sized captains and what-nots who still stand out.
    i also really like your chosen colour scheme, would you mind posting anymore of your army up?

cheers!

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Now that just looks, awesome!

I am aware that there is a scythe head in the Empire Flagellants box set, here BitzBox - Warhammer and 40k Plastic Bits - Empire Flagellants Scythe Top Would that be of any use?

Otherwise that's a really cool Captain you have there as such, your photography is excused hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

It's cool model, is that an empire shield?
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments everyone. :3

Quote Originally Posted by luke.noorda View Post
    very cool, a bit chaosy (i think due to the spiky Iron Halo), but that merely adds to his fierceness. and i've always loved marine sized captains and what-nots who still stand out.
    i also really like your chosen colour scheme, would you mind posting anymore of your army up?

cheers!
    The Iron Halo is actually a Servo Skull from the Devastators sprue that I glued into the gap between his backpack and body, but it acts nicely as a field projector/iron halo. :3 And I would, but I'd definitely need a better camera. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Blackadder View Post
    Now that just looks, awesome!

I am aware that there is a scythe head in the Empire Flagellants box set, here BitzBox - Warhammer and 40k Plastic Bits - Empire Flagellants Scythe Top Would that be of any use?

Otherwise that's a really cool Captain you have there as such, your photography is excused hehe
    Hmm, the scythe blade itself seems a little small, I was thinking something around the scale around the same as the one I have now, or worst comes to the worst, I'll just use the same bit. xP

Quote Originally Posted by Zemaphore View Post
    It's cool model, is that an empire shield?
    It's the Storm Shield you get from the Assault Marines sprue, and I (badly) sculpted on my chapter symbol with green stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Even threw the bad picture, he looks way awsome, it's giving me ideas for my marines lol. Might have to rename your chapter to the Iron Scythes hehe.

-Jen

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe well the idea behind the chapter is all the commanding/high ranking officers have ridiculously large bladed weapons. So far it's been two huge swords for both my chappies (termie and non-termie) so I thought I'd actually make a reference to the hooked sword design of my chapter symbol, rooted through by bitz box and found the scythe. I am so in love with that one bit right now. :'D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

If you're looking for huge blades and have swords and what not already, why not try using a bearded axe. (obnoxiously big of course) Here are some awesome ideas for you. Just click on each picture for more in that category.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast