The Lizards are Riding! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

208 (x4)

The Lizards are Riding!

Before anyone thinks I've flipped over to the WHFB side, let me first warn that I've actually purchased the box of Lizardmen Cold One Riders because I really wanted to paint something new, they looked nifty, and I'm thinking about converting some guardsmen into riders.
    That, or converting some lizards into Mercenary Xenos that my guard have more or less enslaved....but thats some fluff for another day.

Anyway, I finished one up today, except for the base, which still requires painting and a some grass-flocking.
    Outside of that, any comments or suggestions?

"Speed is life! You go slow, you die!"
    -Sgt. Unther, Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries

2. Remove Advertisements

Northern Ireland
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think they are off to a good start. You could try to exploit the details on them now. The scales on the cold ones, Lizardmen and their shields need some work. Some green ink in the Lizardmen would help to bring out the details in them. Brown or green ink could be used on the cold ones and purple ink on the their shields. Inking is handy as it doesn't take very long.

I also think that the green of the cold ones and the green of the plants are too similar and they should look a little different. There are a few other things you could do such as drybrushing a lighter shade onto the scales. I think you should also do more shading and highlighting on the cold ones claws. Some brown or black paint between each claw and some bleached bone on each claw will make them much better.

+ Reply to Thread