Sigvald's War Shrine - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Sigvald's War Shrine

So, the new chaos book is out, with some shiny new stuff. The chaos Warshrine is awesome, but no model for it. Sigvald is an awesome model and has some pretty cool rules as well.

"You there! Bring me a mirror! I wat to look my best when I'm killing greenskins/pitiful mortals/elves/etc."

Chosen of Slaneesh, and obsessed with mirriors, what would be more fitting than a mirror as a war shrine?

Fluff wise, it's a giant mirror that was gifted to Sigvald by Slaneesh after he killed a champion of Khorne. Not only does it act as a mirror, but it can also show Sigvald anything he desires. It also provides Slaneesh with a portal through which he can see exactly was Sigvald is up to, and allowing the god of excess to reward or hinder Sigvald and his subordoates, as he sees fit.

I picked up a cheapy mirror today, as well as some Witch Elves (the pretty ladies who follow Sigvald wherever he goes) and some of the old demonettes. I had a plan for the Witch Elves to be carrying the mirror an the platform it's on, with the Demonettes cavortig about in front of it. Unfortunatley, it's a tad too big. I'm tempted to have it beeing pulled by a steed of slaneesh or something similar.

Here's just a mock-up, to give you guys an idea of what it will look like

Also a few other thing I've been wondering about; What would a slaneeshi spawn look like? I can't imagine Sigvald keeping horrendous piles of ugly around with him.

Same thing with a Slaneeshi giant. I was thinking about using something from the Inquisitor range.

And what would pull a Slaneeshi charriot. Another steed of slaneesh possibly?

Cheers guys.

Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

that mirror needs to be absolutely covered in marks of Slaanesh....or at least made to look quite a bit more ornate.

would be pretty cool to have pulling the alter if you feel up to some sculpting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

My sculpying is absolutley horrible. While I recone I can make the mirror look decent, anything beyond that is so far out of my reach it's not even funny
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

For the above you could probably use a Barbie and edit it accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Hmm.... now that's an iteresting idea....

Charity shops here I come!
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

Try looking through the Todd McFarlane Spawn models.
    Montyhaul's Models[/size][/indent]
    Warhammer minis for sale[/size][/indent]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Only a quick update for today. I've got the main platform more or less done, so now I'm working on the sides/front/back. I've decided it's going to be pulled by a fiend of slaanesh, with a load of witch elves on the base as well.

More updates to follow.
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol for a minute I thought the bike was meant to be pulling it before I read your post properly... I was wondering what caused you to take such a promising diorama and ruin it with the ugly bikeishness of that bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Yeah, the bike is only their to prop the whole thing up for the moment. I should have wheels and the rest of the sides done within a few days (Hopefully)
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

You could use a Greater Daemon as a giant, no extra modelling required.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast