Dooms' first scenery WIP Imperial Guard makeshift armory - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Dooms' first scenery WIP Imperial Guard makeshift armory

ok here is my very first (sad) attempt at scenery, just trying it out and i must say it was a lot of fun just to see what works and what doesnt: the first thing youll notice is that there are less walls than there should be.. i was thinking too much about how the scenery would function in game so i left it wide open without enough shell debris or anything.. anyways take a look first thing i did was glue some cardboard to about a 1x1 foot of door-skin or door backing;

floors made of magic cards.. gun racks made of spare lasrifles and tank track armour... those machines beside the gun racks are from an ork killa can bits thing.

the front ... door?

weapons rack close up

and now, painted: (dont worry my second scenery thing turned out a lot better looking)

i used gauze from a first aid kit in my house for the "roof" camo netting and dipped it in some watered down catachan green paint

and thats that i guess. its a start, sucks compared to the second thing i made ill post that later, anyways i hope i helped someone trying to figure out how to make a quick weapon rack or somethingjust remember flatten out the glue contact surfaces (scratch off detail) the glue holds better that way

DV out

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

As a fellow guard player, freakn awesome. The painting could use a little work but thats the only thing i can say about it. My units of the 101st Left Behind would be honored to defend that building with their lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

nice thanks man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Excellent idea.. very good use of all th extra weapons bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice! Can't wait to see second piece.
    For the greater good, my will be done!
    Tau- 4k~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tomb Kings- 2.5k
    Thousand Sons- 1850 ~~~~~Night Goblins- 900

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Guant View Post
    As a fellow guard player, freakn awesome. The painting could use a little work but thats the only thing i can say about it. My units of the 101st Left Behind would be honored to defend that building with their lives.
    That's nothing. I would willingly sacrifice my men just to get to the building without any resistance, before defending it. That's the IG spirit.

8. Likedoomviking liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Thats great mate. teh paint job's quite good, but i must say I liked it in the first two pictures when it was just base coated, I'd have been tempted to leave the walls like that

+ Reply to Thread