Bases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bases

Hey guys, So, to make a long story short, I just recently had to strip some of my eldar of the paint and primer that i had on them, since the primer came out all 'fuzzy'. Now i HAD all my minis (30 guardians, 10 dire avengers, 5 warp spiders, 6 fire dragons, and 7 howling banshees) allready based.. but all that ended up falling off in the simple green i used. Now im not really sure if i want to rebase everything this go around. So well im really after two things here, What do you guys thing, base or no base? And two, since im probibly going to skip repriming them, and use my airgun to spray a red base coat over the full mini, If i do base, anyone know any good things to do with red sand?

Oh.. but i dont look so good with all those.. tentaclly things..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

First off, even if you're using a spray gun to base coat them all red, you'll still want to use a primer first. The normal paint won't adhere well to a bare figure, and you'll have to do multiple coats (at best) or will have the paint flake and chip with insane ease.

As for red sand, I'd hit them with a devlan mud wash and drubrush a couple of increasingly lighter mixtures of vermin fur and bleached bone over them - starting with vermin brown and going maybe two steps toward 80/20 bleached bone/vermin brown.

Can't stress enough that you should primer those models though. It seems like an unnecessary step with the spray gun, but you'll probably regret it if you don't primer them.

+ Reply to Thread