Warmachine To 40k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Ok..so yesterday i strayed from the GW section of my local game shack and discovered *church music* Warmachine. Quite honestly they were some of the coolest minis I've ever seen.My question is has anybody tried converting them to 40k stuff..some of them would be perfect for an inquisition army,but just looking at the boxes (the warmachine section is very small and there were only a few boxed models) i can't really tell if they're even the same scale,and i don't wanna buy 'em if I'm gonna end up with a midget gun servitor

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, just yesterday I checked out some of those models. They are pretty nice. You could use the Protectorate of Menoth Choir Acolytes as Inquisitorial Acolytes. There are many good models in their range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a character miniature in the Khador range that would work well for a SoB conversion. Sorscha, I think.

Sig by Angel_of_Rust (because he's better than you)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that would make a pretty neat SoB conversion. Might give that a go actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

yeah but are the models about the same size? what scale are the Warmachine models?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do beleive they will be about the same size. If there's any difference at all, it won't be big. I'm not sure about the Warhammer size however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer is supposedly 28mm scale but the heads are a bit overscaled sometimes and most of them are close to 30mm.

Warmachine is in 30mm so combined with the overscaling of Warhammer they would fit in quite well.

Also I think that if you could get a Khador Ironfang fitted onto an appropriate scale Horse or Bike you could make some seriously awesome Rough Riders, also the Khador Widowmakers and Cygnaran Long Gunners would make a neat one-off Sniper to throw into some people with Sniper Rifles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I *did* do a conversion from Warmachine. One of the Protectorate Warjacks is now my Grey Knights Dreadnought.

Added a flamer onto the right arm for an incinerator. GK Terminator shields onto the left breast and right forearm. Smoke launcher on the left shoulder. The left arm I converted (ish) to a twin-linked lascannon. Added the hose and boxy thing to that arm as well to make it look more GW-like.

Not my best work - it was my first conversion and one of my first painting jobs, and has been repainted since this picture - but I still like him. He's on the Warmachine base, which is between a 40mm and a regular Dread base. Size-wise, he's almost exactly Dread-sized!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the same thing you must have when I first saw the Warjacks.
    "Those would make cool Grey Knights Dreads"
    The 'Knighty' style of a Warjack fit's the Grey Knights quite well, I myself would try to puff up the legs in some way as they look a little weedy, especially on the Khador Warjacks, poor beast looks like he has a midget holding him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing, I am about to start work on a Warmachine to 40k conversion. I've been looking for a suitable female model to represent a human auxiliary for my tau for a few weeks now, and all this talk of Warmachine started me thinking. I'll be using the Widowmaker Kapitan, although I'll be buying the whole box so will more than likely use all of the models in some way for the same squad, or perhaps in the not-too-distant future.

Sig by Angel_of_Rust (because he's better than you)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast