Ironclad Dreadnought conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironclad Dreadnought conversion

So, for my second major attempt at converting models, I converted a normal Dreadnought that had been equipped with a dreadnought CC wep, stormbolter, and a multimelta, into an Ironclad Dreadnought! This time it's equipped with a chainfist, heavy flamer, and a hurricane bolter!

I love greenstuff. (By the way, that's a searchlight on the top.)

Green Tide: 4000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Looks good...I have one question and a suggestion for you...

Is that the flamer on top of it?

If it is, I found that placing a flamer "under" the torso where the left sensors are (DCCW side), looks a lot better, and gives a much smoother silhouette. It can be a little bit of a nuisance to place, but looks like it's meant to be there once you're done.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you missed my edit, but it's a searchlight. It's just somewhat hard to tell from the angle I took the image. The heavy flamer is under the chainfist.

Pics from different angles:

Last edited by Nyxos; November 19th, 2008 at 06:28.

Happy strokes, happy s... redarmy27's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    331 (x5)

Very nice! I love it when people dive head first into conversion work. It can be scary at times, but it's well worth it in the end. I'm still hesitant to really get into it myself, but I'm inspired by works such as this! Good job!

Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that Ironclad Dreadnoughts also had more armor plating.

Or is this a WIP?

I like your conversion though. This reminds me of when I converted 1 Dreadnought with an Assault Cannon and Fist into 3 Dreads, each with dual: Assault Cannons, Missile Launchers, and Combat Fists way before Forgeworld released their sets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
    I was under the impression that Ironclad Dreadnoughts also had more armor plating.

Or is this a WIP?

I like your conversion though. This reminds me of when I converted 1 Dreadnought with an Assault Cannon and Fist into 3 Dreads, each with dual: Assault Cannons, Missile Launchers, and Combat Fists way before Forgeworld released their sets.
    You are correct, but I wasn't able to scrounge up any bitz of extra armor, so I'm leaving it be for now.(I'll go bitz hunting at a friend's house later.) It still has the gear on the army list, and since it looks unique now, I can tell which one is the Ironclad Dreadnought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxos View Post
    You are correct, but I wasn't able to scrounge up any bitz of extra armor, so I'm leaving it be for now.(I'll go bitz hunting at a friend's house later.) It still has the gear on the army list, and since it looks unique now, I can tell which one is the Ironclad Dreadnought.
    Gotcha! Just wanted to clarify, I'm trying to learn all the new changes, I've been completely out of the game since the 3rd edition I think? Whichever Space Marines codex has the new Calgar model (art concept) on the cover.

Have you thought of using Plasticard as sheets of armor plating? 2 sheets on the front two panels with little rivets will go a long way, and maybe even reinforced armor on the legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
    Gotcha! Just wanted to clarify, I'm trying to learn all the new changes, I've been completely out of the game since the 3rd edition I think? Whichever Space Marines codex has the new Calgar model (art concept) on the cover.

Have you thought of using Plasticard as sheets of armor plating? 2 sheets on the front two panels with little rivets will go a long way, and maybe even reinforced armor on the legs.
    I really need to start messing around with Plasticard. It would be really useful for my Ork army. I will probably grab some if I can get around to Home Depot anytime soon. If not, I'll just use armor plate bitz that I find.

I never posted a picture of the other conversion I did. (It's in painting) Now you all get to see it again!

Poor Warboss, the Nob stole his Power Klaw.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. October 17th, 2010, 15:23
  2. January 18th, 2009, 20:53