Imperial Fists WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Imperial Fists WIP

Here are a few Imperial Fists ive been working on lately, just starting to get to know the color of Yellow, which is fairly hard to paint with. This is mainly just a test to see how well I can paint Imperial Fists, mostly I wanted to work on the yellow armor, to bad what you cant see in the picture is the wash that went into the deeper parts of the model which add more depth than what you can see from the picture.

Im sure a few of you might wonder how I was able to paint a bright yellow, here is how I accomplished it.

Base of white primer/skull white

Paint the darker areas of the model first, such as anything that deals with the use of
    Black, because fixing white is alot easier than fixing yellow.

Use a wash of Yellow Ink all over the white areas of the model, which instantly turns the white into a bright yellow, and even sinks into the creases of the model and adds a shading effect, this is where you will get that orange color in the natural dark areas of the model.

Attached Images
    "Brothers! You carry his word as the burning torch in your hearts! With that flame you shall walk into the darkness and we will destroy it!" Marshal Gorgon at the battle of Hive Kalwan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I think the yellow armour could really benefit from a light brown wash, maybe Gryphonne Sepia. Especially in the recesses.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    I think the yellow armour could really benefit from a light brown wash, maybe Gryphonne Sepia. Especially in the recesses.
    Seconded!

Not saying they look bad - just that a wash (and then maybe a highlight?) could really help out.

I tend to use a 70/30 or 60/40 sepia/black wash for my fists, but I like them a lot darker anyway.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I used the sepia wash, and i must say, wow what an improvement on the models. I will get pics up soon of the nearly finished Imperial Fists.
    "Brothers! You carry his word as the burning torch in your hearts! With that flame you shall walk into the darkness and we will destroy it!" Marshal Gorgon at the battle of Hive Kalwan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the above posters, the figures look very neatly painted which is the cornerstone of a good painting style, but right now the models just look a little flat - not enough shading or highlighting.

But the neatness on display is very good.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

When I paint dead imperial fists I give them a brown wash to add depth. I do think a wash of raw or burnt sienna oils would be better though, zero tide marks.

Dan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I've always been a fan of the imperial fists, I know nothing of their fluff but the scheme is just so bright and commanding of attention, its a real go-getter.

What you've done so far seems fine to be, if you want table-top quality, then you are set, if you want to push it a little then everyone else has suggested things that will be perfect.

Best of luck!

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorsChampion87 View Post
    I used the sepia wash, and i must say, wow what an improvement on the models. I will get pics up soon of the nearly finished Imperial Fists.
    Glad it worked out! Get them pics up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Ok slight problem with the pictures, it must be the lighting but my camera is not capturing the full range of yellows on the model, such as the sepia wash, seems to be to bright, but when im looking at the model they do not apear the same as they would in the picture. Im going to try some non-yellow light and go for some true lighting on these guys.

As for the guy who talked about the dead Fisters, thats not nice, I will be sure to showcase some dead Iron Warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Here is the update on the Fisters.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast