Looking for a scythe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a scythe

I am facing the prospect of an unintended conversion as part of my Death Guard army - I unfortunately mounted the wrong arm on a model so now I need to refit my Plague Marine squad champion with a CCW that's more imposing than a plague knife!

Being Death Guard the obvious choice was a scythe of some description. Unfortunately I don't seem to have any in my bits box so I'm turning to you all for help. Typhus' scythe is too large (and too distinctive, especially since he may end up in the army) and although a "power scythe" would be better I'm comfortable converting the scythe itself to better represent a power weapon. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

The Fantasy Plague Zombies kit (For the Vampire Counts) has a few scythes (I think about 4) in it, amongst other polearms. At £18 it may be a little expensive just to get 1 scythe, but you could try to convert the zombies into plaguebearers to use as lesser daemons? I think there was a tutorial for that around somewhere.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I'd found a scythe on the "Minor Fallen One" model from Heresy but looking at the scale it's actually taller than Typhus, never mind a standard squad leader! Nice scythe, fooking huge!

Edit: is it true that you can't buy bitz from GW anymore? The Maugan Ra scythe end would be enough for me to convert a scythe but when a friend said Bitz are no more I thought he was kidding...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    278 (x3)

I don't know if this is helpful, but I have seen someone using Tyranid scything talons green stuffed to plastic poles as scythes.

He was constructing a Scythes of the Emperor army FULL of them, and I'll admit it worked really well.

I figured it might be easier for you to find a load of Tyranid Talons, as opposed to buying an £18 box for 1 Scythe, as Riptor points out.

Good luck with the hunt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

278 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Thanks. I'd found a scythe on the "Minor Fallen One" model from Heresy but looking at the scale it's actually taller than Typhus, never mind a standard squad leader! Nice scythe, fooking huge!

Edit: is it true that you can't buy bitz from GW anymore? The Maugan Ra scythe end would be enough for me to convert a scythe but when a friend said Bitz are no more I thought he was kidding...
    And yes, sadly this is very true mate. You can get 'bitz packs' which are supposed to be selections of useful bits, but I very much doubt you'll find one with Ra's scythe unfortunately...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's a good idea, I have a ton of old Hormagaunts I can cannibalise. Good skills!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

The empire wizard kit hs a great one:

In my opinion, one of the best single bitz out there. Possibly the best.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another good one. Also found this

from Heresy miniatures, perfect size, may need a little extra adornment to make it more suitable for 40k.

Thanks to all who helped!

His jetbikes are many. Mayor Quimby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    338 (x4)

You can find another scythe in the Empire flagellants sprue
    Flagellant Scythe Head - Bitz Barn

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

One more addition: typhus.

Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast