not sure where to go from here (opinion on eldar jetbike needed) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

not sure where to go from here (opinion on eldar jetbike needed)

So i've been working on my Jetbike army. Rather, i've been doing the conversion work needed to get it off the ground, namely the phoenixes on the canopy.

I got it in my mind that purple would be a decent colour to try and do an army in, and i'm pretty happy with how the purple is turning out so far, but I don't know what colour to do the phoenix in. Here's what I tried tonight:

So yellow i don't think is going to work.

Gold is next on the attempts list, but after that, I really don't know. I was thinking maybe white?

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

Personal taste is telling me that yellow is actually a good colour.
    Iunno. Might just be me, but I think that looks alright.
    I reckon if you highlighted that up to approx a 1:3 Golden : Skull
    Maybe.

That's just my two cents.

And White would also work.
    =]

Also a member of NeoDestiny (Administrator under the same name.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x2)

i actually woke up this morning, took another look at the yellow and decided to do a proper job of it, highlighting and shading the appropriate edges and see where it takes me. It's only a test model anyway, so if i'm not 100% satisfied i can always strip and repaint.

thanks for the input glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks the colours may work together (i've been getting a little flak for going purple, you'd think grown men could get over their instinctive fear of "feminine" colours as they call them) And to laugh, all my bikers actually have the female torsos on them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Purple is good. I do purple on my Tyranids. I think that on your model there you could do some more work on the purple itself and not just the yellow. Highlight and shade the purple and do those gems on it. Eldar are good in that they have those gems which look good. I have found that green works well with purple. If you use some green on this model it may help to diffuse the strength of the yellow as green and yellow are similar.

Nice way to convery a Jetbike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x2)

Agreed leech. The purple is getting more work now that i have a better idea of how to lighten up the purple. That's today's project.

I started on the yellow as well, still not done (the transitions are much too harsh) but here's an update.

I'm thinking yellow gems as well, and maybe some markings on the wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I think the yellow is coming together but in my opinion you will get more bang to the model by doing the purple much much darker and lightening it up gradually to what you have now. Perhaps mix your base purple with a touch of black or dark blue just to darken it a bit. Otherwise looking good.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread