Making an Inquisitor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Making an Inquisitor

While I was digging through the old(?) GW website, I came across a modeling I thought looked awesome.

Warhammer 40,000

What I want to know is how I would go about making this badass model while using as little greenstuff as possible.

If this is not possible or would cost too much, I was also thinking about making one out of a space marine commander somehow.

Thanks.

Last edited by Malacoda; December 17th, 2008 at 03:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Well that guy was built using the coteaz model as a body. Inquisitors tend to be pretty flexible, as long as you make it wysiwyg, no one will raise a fuss
    The only constant in the universe is change, adapt or die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Which means it is most likely entirely metal. I really dont like messing with metal models. So Ill probably go with the space marine Inquistor conversion.

I am definately going to use the commander backpack, it looks really Inquisitory.

For the body, I was thinking black templar or dark angel.

For the head, I want one without a helmet. But I dont want any of the augmetic or headset stuff either. Any ideas on that one?

Weapons wise, Im going to try to make them so I can change them out. Magnets maybe.

For the =][= symbol, I guess I could use the FW brass symbols, I dont know how well that would look though. I would prefer not to use greenstuff. I need a few ideas for this one too, I think.

For the extra bits, that will come with time, Im going to load him down with as much stuff as I can fit on him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could probably make something close to that look with a Chaos Warrior from the fantasy line. they have those big furry capes as well (and are in plastic). For a bare head without all the tech stuff I would look to the fantasy line as well. The Chaos Marauder Horsemen have several great heads that you could use without too much modification. The Empire Flagellents Warband has some good heads too. I would recommend going to ebay and doing search for "head bits" in the Warhammer section. You may be able to find a bits dealer that both a head you like and a Chaos Warrior body to save on shipping.
    One of my ongoing projects is making an Inquisitor (not in power armor) out of all fantasy parts. I've got all the parts, I just need to get off my butt and get him painted.

No King Rules Forever Dawnrunner's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

I don't want to sound like I'm advertising, but this site has always worked really well for ordering random bitz for conversions. It has quite a wide range of stock, so you should definitely be able to find a lot of stuff to help you.

TheWarStore.com
    The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Thanks, Ive already taken a look at a few other places. Hopefully they have more peices than the others did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link there. They have some parts I've been looking for on ebay but haven't been able to find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I ordered quite a few bits last night, mostly Space Marine but I had to go to the Chaos Marine range to get a suitable cape and legs.

1 SM Command Sqd Company Champion Shoulder Pads x2
    1 Black Templars Random Tabard Torso
    1 Dark Angels Master of the Ravenwing Robed / Tabard Head
    1 Dark Angels Winged Skull Thrusting Power Sword
    1 SM Commander Arm Open Ended Bits
    1 SM Devastator Right Plasma Pistol w/ Hand
    1 SM Tactical Sqd Torso Back x1
    1 Chaos Terminator Lord Torso Mounting Cloak / Cape
    1 Chaos Terminator Lord Running Legs Set
    1 Dark Angels Standing Robed Tabard Torso Body x1
    1 Black Templars Backpack w Tabard bits

Hopefully, these parts will make a suitable Inquisitor. All I need now is the =][= symbol. Unfortunatly, they didnt have any of those or anything that could be easily made into one. Maybe I could just paint it onto the cloak instead of having a physical symbol.

I would order the brass symbol from Forge World, but I dont want to wait two months to get it. Once I get the parts, Ill probably post pictures in the modelling thread if I can find my camera and it still works.

+ Reply to Thread