Varnishes in New Zealand? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x3)

Varnishes in New Zealand?

Hey guys, I need some help regarding varnishes on my models. I've never had problems with paint rubbing off but with the surge of 9 year olds with their greasy hands running around my local GW and touching all my models I thought I might invest in some varnish.
    I do spend hours on my minis and watching all the paint get rubbed away is very annoying. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some brands of varnish? I do live in NZ so brands available here would be helpful.
    Also is varnishing with gloss and then matte better than just a pure matte finish?
    I want to keep my miniatures nice and bright ( not really the correct term when you are doing Dark Angels). I mean I dont want to dull down or gloss up the miniatures, I just want to protect them.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Add me! Let me know your forum name too! =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sknight567 View Post
    Hey guys, I need some help regarding varnishes on my models. I've never had problems with paint rubbing off but with the surge of 9 year olds with their greasy hands running around my local GW and touching all my models I thought I might invest in some varnish.
    I do spend hours on my minis and watching all the paint get rubbed away is very annoying. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some brands of varnish? I do live in NZ so brands available here would be helpful.
    Also is varnishing with gloss and then matte better than just a pure matte finish?
    I want to keep my miniatures nice and bright ( not really the correct term when you are doing Dark Angels). I mean I dont want to dull down or gloss up the miniatures, I just want to protect them.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    First of all, not all 9 year olds have greasy hands. I started Warhammer on my ninth birthday.

GW sells some varnishes, but the gloss will gloss, and I don't know what the matte varnish does, it might just offer a protective coat (confm?), in which that would be your thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x3)

get a phone and call around.
    I'm not sure, but there's a store on Lambton Quay (Quay street) called hobby city, they sell tamiya products And I believe tamiya has a very good varnish.
    Secondly, don't let the little buggers touch your models as well, that will usually stop paint rubbing off

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Meep View Post
    First of all, not all 9 year olds have greasy hands. I started Warhammer on my ninth birthday.

GW sells some varnishes, but the gloss will gloss, and I don't know what the matte varnish does, it might just offer a protective coat (confm?), in which that would be your thing.
    Well, in NZ they do.
    GW removed their matte varnish long ago, and it was so unreliable I would highly not recommend it
    Last edited by Death_Korp_Of_KRIEG; December 19th, 2008 at 05:51.
    Green iz Best
    Grow old or die trying...
    ~DKoK

+ Reply to Thread