UM 2nd Company Devestator Squad Gaius - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UM 2nd Company Devestator Squad Gaius

Just finished redoing half of my Ultramarines Devestator Squad. My initial paint job wasn't superb, so I went back and focussed on a couple of areas - by looking at the photos you will notice that the power armour wasn't one of those areas (personally I think it was a little too dark for Ultramarines, but it still works).

Anyway, I touched up the lascannon, repainted the back banner completely (my 1st attempt at a freehand banner), touched up the plasma cannon, and did some freehand work on the scroll (see photos).

The other half of the squad will be added in the next couple of days (including converted Sgt and 2 x ML armed models).

Feedback welcome!

Attached Images
    Last edited by Gordo161; December 20th, 2008 at 23:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those are fantastic!!!

looking forward to seeing more of ur stuff
    W/D/L
    Hive Fleet Penance - 3500 Points - 4/1/0
    Waaaaaaagh Skagtrot (40k Orks) - In Progress
    Dinhar Whitestar's Dragon Host (H.E) - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they are very nice indeed. Excellent work on the banner I must say. Good job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so here are the 2 x Missile Launcher armed models. I was really happy with the kneeling model, particularly his face and pistol.

The ML's make this a very flexible devestator squad. I use it to target elite infantry or light skinned vehicles. Unfortunately the guy with the banner is normally the first casualty removed (He only has a bolter after all).
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And lastly, here is the Sergeant. You should notice a few things. Firstly, I have attached an ork skull, and I was pleased with the effect. I wouldn't normally do this, as Space Marines aren't the sort of guys to collect battlefield trophies, but I thought I would give it a try. Secondly, I have used an auspex, and a bit of green stuff, to represent a signum - not sure how well I pulled it off. Lastly, I used a spare head from the Scout Sniper sprue with a bit of green stuff (Surely the Sgt would feel too restricted by a helmet?)

Anyway, that's the squad done. I have attached a couple of photos of the whole squad in its entirety.

See you later!
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread