Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ok i've recently bought alot of dwarfs for x-mas and i paint really slow but i thought i'd post up my finished organ gun crew
I think my painting has really improved on these models...
My Previous Painting Skills:
Not so good, heavy drybrushing
- Group shot
- A ginger bearded dwarf, which was actually quite a hard colour to paint
- I like the cloth on this guy
- As a chaos player i've never painted much skin before...so...erm...TADA!
I guess this can be my WIP dwarf thread
Also criticism is welcome aslong as its not shreding me apart
Looking really good! I think it's the first time i've seen a red colour scheme for dwarves and it looks like it really works!
Agreed. The red works well, though a couple of points:
1) I would paint the beards a different colour to the cloth to add some contrast. The grey-bearded one looks great, I'd stick with that.
2) Similarly, the skin on the hands of your two red-bearded dwarfs is too reddish. Lighten it up a bit, they look sunburnt.
3) Add a little something else to the bases... a few bunches of static grass would improve them a lot imho.
4) ...is that a webcam? I advise getting a digital camera with a macro mode... you can probably get an old model for quite cheap. Then just shine a bright light (preferably a daylight bulb) on them, make sure the surrounding environment is also white, and your pictures will look a lot better.
1. Okay, i just wanted to try ginger and red beards out but i know where your comeing from
2. Yeah the grey bearded one has a layer of elf flesh...i'll give it a go
3. I have no static grass, but i'm picking some up after christmas
4. Its a moblile phone camera ;D
They look pretty good, though as said the pictures could do with a little improvement. A digital camera or a phone that has a macro function. I agree on the orange beard, variation is good. Brown, grey, black, white and blonde are good colours for a dwarf beard.
Dwarf number one's completely dilated eyes look freak. Didn't know dwarves did drugs.
Good paint job man nevertheless.