Averland Color Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Averland Color Scheme

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a quick and effective way to paint an empire army using the averland color scheme without using a white basecoat? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Well, starting from black to get to a yellow and black color scheme isn't all that hard: just udnercoat black and then square or stripe it as you chose with a good yellow GW foundation paint. Then just paint these area's yellow with normal yellow paint.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, thanks for the response. When you say the yellow foundation paint do you mean iyaden darksun? Again thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geist09 View Post
    Hey, thanks for the response. When you say the yellow foundation paint do you mean iyaden darksun? Again thanks.
    I believe he does. It's simply an absolute pain for some to memorize the colors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Meep View Post
    I believe he does. It's simply an absolute pain for some to memorize the colors
    Lol, for some? C'mon, really, what with all the normal paints, inks, foundation paints and foundation inks, i just really can't be arsed to remember 'em all
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Iyanden Darksun has much better coverage over black, but there is also the various shades of brown, and even colours like graveyard earth or bleached bone. Bleached bone over a black bacground, washed with yellow ink is quite an effective scheme....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    Iyanden Darksun has much better coverage over black, but there is also the various shades of brown, and even colours like graveyard earth or bleached bone. Bleached bone over a black bacground, washed with yellow ink is quite an effective scheme....
    I painted my 1 imperial fist model with graveyard earth. I recommend iyanden darksun, it's much easier for the novice painter.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zemaphore View Post
    Lol, for some? C'mon, really, what with all the normal paints, inks, foundation paints and foundation inks, i just really can't be arsed to remember 'em all
    I was afraid you would take it the wrong way; personally, I only know approximately 5 citadel paints...

@Kithre: I can just imagine it turning bad... IMO, the bleached bone would have a similar effect to white, and that would turn out as something like a popcorn. Sure, this would be pretty nice if painting paladins, but like Zema, I would prefer to look at a more mustard tone.

In fact, now that I think about it, i would undercoat it in something similar to bestial brown, then bubonic, then a quick yellow wash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

I was afraid you would take it the wrong way; personally, I only know approximately 5 citadel paints...
    No, you actually made me laugh out loud! all in good jest.

@Kithre: I can just imagine it turning bad... IMO, the bleached bone would have a similar effect to white, and that would turn out as something like a popcorn. Sure, this would be pretty nice if painting paladins, but like Zema, I would prefer to look at a more mustard tone.

In fact, now that I think about it, i would undercoat it in something similar to bestial brown, then bubonic, then a quick yellow wash.
    Agreed, a bright yellow and black looks a bit too much bumblebeeman to me, a nice mustardy yellow is a better combo with black.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    215 (x4)

Dheneb Stone (Foundation) is also a very good base for yellows

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast