Legio Cybernetica Deathwing Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Legio Cybernetica Deathwing Army

I've been looking forward to doing this commission for a while. Those of you long in the tooth know that during the Horus Heresy both sides had access to armies of robotic soldiers, and while the concept was cool the GW models were pretty poor, so I've decided to reinvent the look of the robots using GW parts.

Well, since the Heresy the knowledge has been lost to men, but certain first founding legions, such as the Dark Angels, still maintain limited stores of these irreplaceable artifacts from a lost age, and in times of dire need, the Chapter's ForgeFather will lead these constructs to war.

This army uses the Deathwing Rules from the Dark Angels Codex. The Forgefather model counts as Belial, while the robots count as squads of Terminators. The Robots are built using the toes from a Sentinel, the legs from a stealth suit, terminator arms, and the torso from an Epic 40K Knight from the Epic 40K starter box set (which has been out of print for a decade, so getting 30 of thoe together was no small task)

Right now I've got Belial and one squad assembled. When I'm done there will be six squads of terminator robots.

Enjoy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I've been wondering how to work my Knight Titans into my Ad Mech army. Now I know. Thank you!

By the way, I could still use more of those weapons, if you need any more commission work done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Thunder View Post
    The Forgefather model counts as Belial
    Nice, but his right arm looks a bit atrophied in the photos. Is this just an illusion of perspective?

the toes from a Sentinel, the legs from a stealth suit, terminator arms, and the torso from an Epic 40K Knight
    A surprisingly cohesive look from so many disparate parts.

Well done!

Playa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Those robot folk are cool, I haven't seen robot types in a long time aside from Necrons that are different. It is good to see all those parts put together that way. Is there going to be anything like a giant robot (Dreadnought) with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    Is there going to be anything like a giant robot (Dreadnought) with them.
    Not at the moment, but there might be at some future time.

Nice, but his right arm looks a bit atrophied in the photos. Is this just an illusion of perspective?
    It's just because he's holding a control link instead of some huge weapon like we're used to seeing.

By the way, I could still use more of those weapons, if you need any more commission work done.
    Not sure what you mean. Could you PM me the details?

No King Rules Forever Dawnrunner's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

I would add something to the Forgefather's shoulder pads to bulk him up and make him look beefier, because the normal-sized Marine arms instead of Terminator-sized ones do give a sort of atrophied look to them. Maybe some curved bits of plasticard or whatever...aside from that, these look really cool!
    The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Belail model you could attempt a simple enough weapon swap with some terminator arms or if you are lazy like I am then you could just dremel the normal shoulder pads and fit a terminator pad over it
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

One complain and one question... only!

Complain: You know that in the Termie in the first pic (btw great work on stabilizing the full servo harness) the hands of him are looking weird? I mean he has a huge torso and head and feet and all but he hands are like... not protected to say the least? Nah... I would say... too small for the rest of the body!

Question: From what game syste are the bodies of the rest of the cybernetc Termie-like army?
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsele View Post
    Question: From what game syste are the bodies of the rest of the cybernetc Termie-like army?
    Epic 40K, the old starter box set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You... Murdered... Those Knights... How could you?

I would sooner have bought them off of you than see you do this... Well, they shall never be forgotten. I'ma get back to work on my 40k scale Knight. Have a day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast