Reichstag building out of Green Stuff? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Reichstag building out of Green Stuff?

Ok forget the cost and man hours it wouls take, but i think it could be possible.

My idea is to build a 1/35 scale model of the Reichstag building from WWII era, and have each lvl of the building being a seperat peice of the board. So the first floor would be on the far left of the table and each section of the board going right would be a different level of the building, the game would end when the attacking team takes down the enemy flag from the building.

I figure it will take months maybe a year, but if would be cool.
    but being me i'll probably just give up before i start, but i think its a cool idea.

We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    215 (x4)

You might want to think about doing a particular wing, and then rubble some of the walls so that you can access multiple levels from outside. Play the Call of Duty level where the Russians attack the Reichstag, it might give you some ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ifurita View Post
    You might want to think about doing a particular wing, and then rubble some of the walls so that you can access multiple levels from outside. Play the Call of Duty level where the Russians attack the Reichstag, it might give you some ideas.
    Yeah that's kind of were i got the idea was from CoD5 also i saw Valkyrie today. I can't really find any layouts or blueprints for the Reichstag so it will be alot harder than i thought, well plus the fact that i've never even used green stuff before.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

But why make it out of green stuff? Why not wood/plywood/balsa/cardboard etc..?
    Currently painting the Waaagh! of Warboss Borboss - Goff and Evil Sunz warband

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    But why make it out of green stuff? Why not wood/plywood/balsa/cardboard etc..?
    That was going to be my question too. What are you thinking?

I use Greenstuff a LOT and I can tell you that making your terrain out of it is a very bad idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I would triple the question...

GS costs a lot. And so much GS will cost a fortune... let us not forget the weight of the finished product!

Why not try plasticard or even foamcore and some details with GS?
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

^ What those guys said, to make that entire building using only green stuff would not be a good idea. I'd definately recommend getting your hands on some plasticard as you'll get a great effect for a lot less money and effort.
    To find some try looking around local hardware and hobby stores, remember plasticard is sometimes referred to as High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) and sometimes sign makers will have lots spare. Check out Plastruct to see examples of stuff or even order online (google it). It sounds very ambitious what you're attempting, so good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

yeah good idea i totally forgot about plasticard and all that stuff, it would be much easier. Plus i've worked with the foamboard stuff before so that would be easy.

Thanks for the help guys.

+ Reply to Thread