ruined factory *PICS* - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x2)

ruined factory *PICS*

i have been trying to improve my terrain making lately, and this is probably my best yet, though im not completely done with it i have to paint the rubble still

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PC300114.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PC300115.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PC300116.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PC300117.jpg

chaos marines have the chaos gods on their side, but space marines have games workshop on theirs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    215 (x4)

Looks nice, but if you don't mind a small suggestion ... get some MDF and make yourself a base for the piece. You can cut the MDF so that the footprint very closely matches the outline of the building and then bevel the edges with a file or rasp. This will make it a little more durable, but more importantly, it gives you a nice spot of pile rubble, some grass, things that have fallen over, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

It seems that the diagonals of the piece are a bit too regular. Ruined buildings tend to come apart in chunks.

Other than that small issue, Beautiful work. I especially love the blood-spattered window in the last pic! I am so going to steal that! I mean use it too
    Eldar ~7k, Orks ~11k, Tyranids ~1k5, Space Wolves ~1k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x7)

A very nice terrain piece in my eyes. : ) I would second the suggestion of adding a base though, as it could improve the piece in terms of both appearance and practicality. :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x2)

thanks for the comments...where could i get some mdf?
    chaos marines have the chaos gods on their side, but space marines have games workshop on theirs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

MDF = Medium Density Fiberboard. I got a large sheet from Home Depot (you don't mention where you're from) and I cut it with a scroll saw. For reference, here's a piece I did for Iron Scenery III, where you can see what the MDF base looks like:

Painting Miniatures - The Easy Guide for People With No Time

Also, when making rubbled buildings, think about conservation of mass and the effect explosives have on buildings. Given all the things going on in Gaza and Iraq, there should be tons of reference photos.

In regards to the first point, everything that gets blown up has to go somewhere, typically down or away from the blast. If a building is rubbled by a bomb falling outside, the rubble falls inwards. If it's rubbled by a bomb falling through the roof, the rubble falls down and out. Plan your rubble accordingly.

In regards to the second point, very little shears off in nice straight lines. Walls and floors break off with jagged edges. If you're using cardboard, you can almost rip the edges instead of cutting them. If you're using something heavier, like MDF, then you can distress the edges with a file.

+ Reply to Thread