Lokhir on a Carnosaur - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lokhir on a Carnosaur

This is a question that came up in a topic I started here (Pirates Riding Dinosaurs - a 1000 point Corsair List), concerning the Master of a Dark Elf army I'm creating. I love the Lokhir model, but didn't want to use his fluff (it's OK, but I'd rather make my own - for me, one of the big draws of Warhammer over Warmachine is the ability to make and customize your own generals). Because I refluffed him, and because I love the Carnosaur so very much, I wanted to do a conversion involving the two, and have it count as a Cold One. So, here are the questions: would a Cold One Knight's legs fit around a Carnosaur's body? I saw a Golden Demon Winner that did something similar, but I have no idea how he accomplished it. Is the Lokhir piece cast in such a way as to allow the legs to be cut off with proper use of a hobby saw? If an arm were cut off and replaced with a plastic lance, would the join look OK? Am I completely crazy for even attempting this conversion?

Last edited by MostlyGhostly; December 31st, 2008 at 20:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A further question I forgot to mention before: I've been trying to find a head for the my planned sorceress conversion, as I don't like the one that goes on the body I'm planning to use. While trawling through the GW website, I came across the Blood Cauldron. The witch on the far right is perfect, but I have no plans to include a Cauldron in my army. Is that witch part of the stock unit, or is she a crew member one can only get by purchasing the Cauldron?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

ok great idea the carnasaur base might be a bit big but hey who cares

1. With green stuff the legs would fit
    2. the swords an cape might get in the way so cut them of first of replace them later
    3. it would fit with a small amount of green stuffing

hope it helps
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, goliath, that does indeed help. How much does everyone think the larger base size would actually matter in play? I could just call it another COK, but that might create difficulties too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyGhostly View Post
    Thanks, goliath, that does indeed help. How much does everyone think the larger base size would actually matter in play? I could just call it another COK, but that might create difficulties too.
    You could always tell your opponent that the left (or right) half of the base is what counts for movement. Then, when the space becomes an issue replace the large model with a blank or specially decorated regular cav base to keep track of his position until space opens back up. As long as you stay consistent with the movement it shouldn't make any difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

if the legs don't fit, you could make a saddle for him to sit on, much like the new khorne lord on juggernaught.

sounds like good idea, and would look very good when done!
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good lord! Why are people so incapable of using question marks? I open this thread expecting a spangly conversion of Lokhir Fellheart on a Carnosaur get bugger all.

Here's to 10 seconds of my life i'll never get back....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtuff View Post
    Good lord! Why are people so incapable of using question marks? I open this thread expecting a spangly conversion of Lokhir Fellheart on a Carnosaur get bugger all.

Here's to 10 seconds of my life i'll never get back....
    Wow, a whole ten seconds... My heart aches for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Lokhir himself is made of cape. Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if you could mount him on anything - but a Knight might fit, if you made a saddle for him.

+ Reply to Thread