Howling Griffons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howling Griffons

i decided to paint the sm form the assualt on black reach as howling griffons, unfortunately i dont really have an idea on how to do this. Could you basecoat black and then use iyanden darksun and mechrite red for the red and yellow? but a far as that goes im stumped.

would it then ork using blood or scab red and bad moon or sunburst yellow over the top with a badab black wash?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    215 (x4)

Why not prime white and then you can either go to yellow straight or basecoat Dheneb Stone and then go yellow.

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

yeah, Id base coat black, but make sur to paint each leg a different colour then do the rest of the mini the oposite......ok that didn't make sense so think of it this way,if you paint the right leg red then you must paint the rest of the body (torso arms helmet back pack etc.) yellow,. and visa versa.

as for the rest, by the way im getting this from an army in WD306 (aus), paint the eye lenses green, the bolter cases black and the chest eagle black highlighted grey...dah, all markings have been done in black.

im not sure if thats what you wanted to know, but I hope it helped

-DTG
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ungbloods.html

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I think you have a good start there, those would be ideal colour as basecoats. From there I would probably use Blood Red and Golden Yellow. Add a highlight and you should pretty much have the look you want. The below image is a one off Griffon I did a while back:

I hope this helps. =)

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

You could go with a grey primer. It works very well since you are in the middle of the light/dark spectrum and can without too much hassle both do dark and light colours. Certainly easier than a black primer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers this as all been really helpful unfortunatly atm i have to fix up some warhammer models that have got very very broken from ages ago so itl be a while before i can get painting these guys
    thanks a lot all of you
    iam forever in your debt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what colour would you use for shading the yellow an dthe red cos ive finally got round to doing them?

+ Reply to Thread