Painting My Trukk Earthy Colors (Help Please!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

454 (x7)

Painting My Trukk Earthy Colors (Help Please!)

I'm working on a Diggamob for a GorkaMorka campaign at my club, which maybe expanded into a full Feral Human themed army using the Ork codex. But that’s not what I’m here to talk about.

I've completed my Trukk and I'm trying to think of ways to paint it in earthy like colors (like rust or bronze) and get away from it being just metal so it matches the color scheme of the boyz. I might paint a few red stripes on it like the Reavers from Serenity do on their ships but apart from that I want to avoid any solid non metallic colors altogether.

So can anyone make a few suggestions on how I can paint my trukk to fit in with the guys below?

2. Remove Advertisements

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Australia, Tasmania, Brighton
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

well when I painted my monolith I experimented in ways to make it look like it was old and been in a hole for a million years or so here is what I did-

1) Drybrush highlight all armour/hull areas codex grey=chaos black followed by codex grey then a light brush of forteress grey.

2) heavily drybrush all edges, corners, joints etc. boltgun metal......wait till everything is dry.

3) make a mixture of 5:2:1:1: ? graveyard earth,calthan brown, orkhide shade, chaos black, water. Water the mixture down till it is just a little bit thicker than the washes.

4)slop on all the mixture everywhere, this will dirty, blend and tone down everything done previously. Wait 30-40mins for it to dry.

5)once dry, water down gravyard earth so it will still go on well but is not thick and put it in most of the gaps in the hull.

6) using an old split brush, lightly drybrush all corners, edges, joints etc. mithril silver......then thats it for a nice dirty hull

I hope that may help,

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

+ Reply to Thread