WoC Theme Decision - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoC Theme Decision

Hey everyone,

I'm nearly ready to start the painting on my very first army. I managed to paint up 10 bloodletters so I have a little practice, but am not sure if I'm biting off more then I can chew!

For my Warriors of Chaos army I'd prefer to theme it towards one of the gods; either Nurgle or Tzeentch. I just can't make up my mind between the two, I like them both for fluff reasons and they both seem to keep your warriors fighting longer then the other marks. Tzeentch seems possibly mildly easier, as the colour themes can lean towards purple and golds, while Nurgle will need greens and browns and whites, as well as I'm thinking conversions of green stuff (I'm not even sure where to buy this stuff >.>) for sickly skin and yucky looking warts.

I'm currently leaning towards Nurgle as well as it seems like Tzeentch seems to be the more popular choice, and it'd be neat to add a little variation to any table tops. However, for a first time painter does anyone think this is abit much? I think what I'm trying to go for here is a unified looking army, rather then a couple Slaaneshi marks here with pink guys, and a couple Nurgle marks here with some brown guys.

Any comments or suggestions? >.<

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Ah good to see not everyone has fallen to the whim of Khorne these days. It really does depend on how far you want to go to unify the army. With a Tzeentch army you could probably get away with minimal conversion with the occational extra eye on their armour here and there, whilst Nurgle could also be a simple army to build and convert. Sculpting eyes into the armour or creating pustules and the like is pretty simple greenstuffing work, so it could also help you build up your skills in case you wish to try out anything more complex on a leader figure.
    You can pick up GS at your local store, by the way . I'd suggest buying a box of warriors and testing out basic conversion skills and painting skills on them, there's probably enough spare arms for you to test out things on if you don't want to waste any figures. People around the site here tend to be helpful so feel free to try out whatever you feel like and upload here to get some advice =).

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

I think I'm gonna try that out with Nurgle and try to find me some greenstuff. Once I get something converted up I'll post it on the forums. I was thinking of maybe fluff wise making each unit's name something to do with some pox or disease and greenstuffing them different to show this. Maybe one unit with warts and pustules, and another with mottled coloured skin or something and a name to go with it. Armour and cloth may be painted the same as the rest of the theme, but flesh and wee nurglie tentacles may vary.

Thanks for the response!

+ Reply to Thread