Deff Dread (marine dreadnaught) convertion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deff Dread (marine dreadnaught) convertion

hey all
    i thort i'd kick start my new ork amy with a fun convertion! i got a couple of black reach sets lying around, so i thort, why not make a crazy ork dread!!!

I've had to totaly mutalate one of my marine dreads, as well as parts from a chaos one! it's prity crap detail, coz i couldn't get my phone to focus proparly, but you can kinda see the green stuff i've been doing (i'm an amature). his right arm and left leg are wired straight into the "suit" and his left armr controlls the gun. he's doesn't have anything made up for his right arm yet, but i want him to have a BIG!!!!! axe or something. kinda like a massive scale ork, i.e weapon raided in one hand, gun in the other. the gun is made from the dread close combat weap and a plasma cannon head from a chaos dread.

i wanted to make it look like the orks had scavenged a broken dread (that has had the right side of it's body blown away!) and hot wired one of there own in there, once they realised that a old dead marne once lived in there!!! but i'm a little stuck with the back of the modle. i'm not sure how to patch it up? also, it's kinda hard to see, but does the botom left corner of the main torso look like it's been blown away? as i mentioned before, i haven't really had ANY xp with green stuff, so i'm just starting out!!!

thanx to anyone who leaves coments!

Dark Eldar: 9/1/2 Winning streak: 6
    Tyranids: 16/3/4 Winning Streak: 8
    inquisition:4/0/3 Winning streak:0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

It is hard to fully see all the detail due to the blurry pictures. However, from what I can make out, I have to take a preemptive strike and say AWESOME!

I love this conversion!

Two comments:
    1. CD bases are kinda lame haha (this is a joke, i know that you're not going to use a CD as a base .. I hope ;P )
    2. PAINT IT!!! I can't wait to see it painted.. Oh and when you take pictures of it once it is painted (which you have no choice but to do so), then post up here and show us again! Hopefully this time the pictures will be a bit more clear.

-Goblin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i won't have it painted yet for a few weeks, coz i got a BIG tourny(150 players) next weekend, which i really should be focusing on, but i get too carried away with convertions instead of preping my dark eldar for battle! lol i haven't even stared playing orks yet!

when i finaly do start the army up, i'm planing on going evil skulls(is that the one?) and doing almost EVERYTHING like this. i.e converted trucks, buggies, kans, etc.

Also, any ideas for what to make for his left hand? as long as it's big and orky it should work! i was thinking something big and silly, but still fiting with the theme
    Dark Eldar: 9/1/2 Winning streak: 6
    Tyranids: 16/3/4 Winning Streak: 8
    inquisition:4/0/3 Winning streak:0

+ Reply to Thread