Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Can anyone please direct me to some legio custodes conversions/tutorials? I've clicked on about a million different search links to no avail.
I'm not sure I like the way they are painting, but Scibor Miniatures has like 3 or 4 different conversions of them
Here's one that are painted, in the gallary there are 2 or 3 more teams unpainted, giving you a feel for how he made them.
Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress
I like these ones too.
Chest of Colors :: Your Miniatures Painting Site!
Same sculptor different painter.
Check out the tutorials link on the left, I'm afriad it's mostly painting, but should give you some ideas..
Last edited by Jon Quixote; January 17th, 2009 at 21:17.
Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.
I did a bunch of these a LONG time ago. The parts I used were really simple though and easy to duplicate across a full army.
Fantasy Chaos Warriors
Nemesis Force Weapons
Bolters (imperial or chaos)
High Elf Silver Helms Heads
Imperial Guard Vehicle Emblem (skulls with wings)
1. Carve out the right arm from the cloak entirely, including the shoulder piece, this is probably the hardest part, after using my clippers, I scraped the area smooth with a sculpting tool.
2. Glue together the two halves of the body.
3. Remove the fur from around the right shoulder until there is space sufficient to attach the grey knight arm.
4. Remove the top spike of the Nemesis Force Weapon and file the back flat to the blade.
5. Cut the bolter in half lengthwise, across the top of the grip and attach to the flat part of the Nemesis Force weapon. Finally, attach the nemesis force weapon to the body.
6. Cut a strip of plasticard approx 2mm x 14mm and glue it into the body, between the shoulder guards. This should create a collar similar to MK 8 power armor. Sometimes, it helps to cut the strip with a wide V shape to fit the body better.
7. Stick a glob of greenstuff to the bottom of a Silver Helm head and insert it into the head of the body. The greenstuff will prop it up enough for the eyes to look over the brim of the collar and allow you to angle it properly.
8. Finish up the model by repairing the fur on the right arm with some greenstuff, then take a left hand weapon hand from the chaos warrior sprue, cut off the weapon and stick it into the left elbow. Also, should the model have any obvious mark of chaos, cut out one of the wings from the IG emblem and attach it to cover up the mark of taint. Other good additions are purity seals, incense burners and anything else preechy.
For a Psycannon, I used heavy bolter arms on the chaos body and it looked good. Also, a standard bearer looks great in every squad, just glue a bolter to the back of the standard pole.
I'll look for pics, but they were last on the web about 5 years ago and I have since sold the army.
Hmmm never heard of these guys bevore, but they are awsome/vet hard!!!
guess you'll have to get bits... very much bits.
and you are using DH rules?
Legio custodes = guardian legion, but i think thats... obivous
Last edited by UberGeit3000; January 20th, 2009 at 18:54.
This Planet Is Murder