Help with Winter Techniques please! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    inside your head
    77 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Help with Winter Techniques please!

Okay, I want to get very involved with my Warrior of Chaos bases, and I'd like to do a winter/snow theme. I did a search and found the two great articles on using store-bought snow, and adding blood to snow, but I am poor and asking for other technique help as well. So on with the questions I guess?

1- what can I use for snow?
    I was thinking of using table salt or baking soda, but I fear that the former may be too large, and the latter may be too fine for proper basing. I understand that I am to mix the medium into some pva glue, and then spread it on the base. So I need something that will still stand out after the mixing.

2- how do i put snow here?!
    I want to add flakes of snow to the shoulders of some of my models, like it was blown there or fell there and hasn't melted just yet. Chaos models have such broad shoulders, this is the perfect excuse to do something really cool. So, I will need some fine snow- maybe baking soda would work better here- and a fixative. Mixing it with glue will leave a glossy finish on my model, and might obscure detail. But I want just a scattering of flakes, and I want them to be held fast. Suggestions?

3- how do I make icicles?
    At some point I might make a character standing upon a rock or some type of terrain feature, and I'd like to know how to make small icicles to hang under outcroppings or even affix to frosty banner poles and the like. I was thinking of using some kind of clear wire dipped repeatedly into clear glue, but I'm not sure how that would work out. How would you do it?

Thanks guys. And also- REP to the first HELPFUL reply (if you just reply "i like pie" or something, i'll have to kill you)

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements

Guernsey, UK
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Good Evening!

I've got this bookmarked as a good guide for winter bases (Snow Bases). I think your best bet is probably baking soda, as this will give the best 'snow' looking base.

Hope the guide helps!

+ Reply to Thread