Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ok, these are my tanks "done".
I say "done" for a few reasons:
1) I need to drill out a few bolter barrels/exhaust ports. Need a bigger drill bit first.
2) I need to do a bit more GS work. Some to fix some smoke launchers that didn't stick together properly, and to finish the front of the Rhino - it's going to be two crossed-hammers, but I'm still experimenting with the size/scale of them.
3) The transports are all at a "pre-paint" assembly. Only one side of the hull is stuck to the base-plate, and the internal boards are fitted. The other side and the top are left "dry fit" so I can get in and paint the interior easily. The couplas with gunners are all left separate for ease of painting (since they'll be different colours - red drivers, naturally) as is the siege shield (for 'proper' weathering). Same applies to the gunners on the Attack Bikes.
The only thing that's missing from my army right now (aside from paint, and finished characters) is a Dreadnought. I'm saving up for a FW one (not decided on the arms yet - the Autocannons seem more practical, but TL-HBs look menacing. Seriously, look at the Chaos [new] Nurgle Dread, and tell me it doesn't look like a mini-titan thanks to the claws.TL-Bolter).
I may also re-do my Predator when I've more money - I'm thinking it should have the FW Predator Extra Armour, since it does have thicker armour in-game than a Rhino, so some justification required for that IMO.
So, here are (in order): the Iemanja [Predator] the Erinle [Rhino] the Babalu [Razorback] the Ozain [Rhino] and the Ogoun [Vindicator]; with a vanguard provided by a pair of Attack Bikes that are Squad Ochumare.
You've seen the Rhinos and the Predator before (note the new, SB-less coupla - that got 'donated' to making the Vindicator WYSIWYG, something that bugs me with the GW-stock models, do they not even check the army lists?). But I'm quite proud of the Razorback. I decided to leave it a little understated, letting the FW upgrades do their thang uncluttered. Thought I'd give it a few extra buckets of HB ammo though, however I pitty the fool that has to re-arm that thing in combat.
Finally, I mentioned a long time ago about my armoured spearhead being modelled to represent the 'humvee scene' from Black Hawk Down. Well, here's how it looks, what do the sceptics think now?
Now we get to my Sergeants. All my old Sergeants were defunct (a bad scuplt one one, then wrong equipment options on the others) so I've re-built them. Still have some tabbards to finish GS-ing, but they'll be done when I don't have to work.
I would really like some C&C on things you would improve on before I start painting. Any ideas, comments or criticisms are appreciated.
Very Nice work so far, love the vanguard marines!
What FW dread are you getting? Venerable, mk IV? if you have time and patience, a converted word bearer dread would be awesome, all it needs is some file, head swap, and minor greenstuff.
Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x
Very nice on Seargents. They look really good. I wouldn't mind knowing how you made the combi-flamers for your sergeants cause they look awsome.
Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress
Oh wow that looks amazing, i really like what you've done with the sergeants and characters, how and where did you get the pieces for that Combi-Flamers ??
"DID WE JUST SIGN UP FOR A SUICIDE MISSION, RICO?" "YEAH WE JUST DID, WHEN WE ENLISTED" LOVE THE IMPERIAL GUARD, JOIN TODAY!!
Thanks for the kind words!
I've this small...obsession...with having all my Sergeants meade out of metal models - I feel it fits the background of the Salamanders (having more ornate armour, and the metal models tend to have the detail).
The combi-flamers were really wasy to make. I took the combi-Melta from the Captain box (I had a couple of these lying around, that box is great for parts), snipped off the melta barrel. Then I snipped the end off a Flamer, trimming of the hose to the igniter (the part under the muzzle) - if you don't then the hose will sit in the way of the 'bolter' part of the combi-weapon.
I might have to trim a small amound of the base off of the igniter too, just to make sure it is clear of the barrel of the bolter.
It's a really easy conversion, but getting the parts can be hard (everyone has spare flamers, but getting hold of the combi-melta is trickier).
As for the Dreadnought - I don't know which yet. The Word Bearer one might be a good idea actually (I'd thought of using the Alpha Legion one). Originally I was going to go for a plain MkIV, just so I could have the clear shoulder-bits to do some greenstuff work on (thinking of having a Salamander crawl down each side of the sarcophagus).
Last edited by Treadhead_the_mighty; January 19th, 2009 at 23:03.